Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 in 52 Chevy Truck project

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guy, found this post, just wanted to know how the project went. I am hoping to start on my project in the fall, near stock '50 3100, curious if you have any regrets not getting beefier Frame rails for the front end swap or if you found stock to be adequate. I'm not building a race truck but I want it to be safe not scary to drive a bit hard. putting a '94 Camaro LT1 (Carbed intake conversion) with a 5 or 6-speed in, also wondering where your shifter ended up and if you found an ideal location for it. so many questions. Hoping you finished it up.

Last edited by 50Chevy3100; 04-02-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Teching In

could you let me know what you use din regards to radiator hoses?
Old 08-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Default driveline question

Hi, i know it's been 11 years since this post but i'll ask my question just in case you are still active here and if not, mabey someone else may know a good answer for me. I am installing a LS in my 1948 ad truck and am ordering a custom rear differential/axle for it. My question is, did you center the driveline on your frame center or did you offset it to the passenger side for steering clearances at all? is your engine/tranny center lined up with the rear diff pinion center relative to the frame center line? I want to order my rear end before mounting the engine/tranny if possible and the reading i'm doing tells me it's pretty important that the entire driveline is in a straight line front to back. i'd like to order my rear with the correct pinion offset. also on air ride and Mustang II front end

Thanks!

Tyler

Originally Posted by 52 Rat
I thought I would post a few pics. of my latest project. I am working on a 52 Chevy truck rat rod. I just completed the front Heidts IFS and will soon be fitting the Lq4 and T56. I hope to have a strong pulling, good handling street cruiser. The rear will be an 8.5 disc brake 10 bolt with truck arm style suspension. I will have more updated photos of the Lq4 installed in a few weeks. Hope you enjoy the project.

Attachment 201058

Attachment 201059

Attachment 201060

Attachment 201061

Attachment 201062
Old 08-26-2020, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mudman500
Hi, i know it's been 11 years since this post but i'll ask my question just in case you are still active here and if not, mabey someone else may know a good answer for me. I am installing a LS in my 1948 ad truck and am ordering a custom rear differential/axle for it. My question is, did you center the driveline on your frame center or did you offset it to the passenger side for steering clearances at all? is your engine/tranny center lined up with the rear diff pinion center relative to the frame center line? I want to order my rear end before mounting the engine/tranny if possible and the reading i'm doing tells me it's pretty important that the entire driveline is in a straight line front to back. i'd like to order my rear with the correct pinion offset. also on air ride and Mustang II front end

Thanks!

Tyler
Wow, that was some time ago now. I centered the rear off of the front IFS cross member. Zero offset on the engine or rear. I sold the truck without the engine and trans. New owner loves the front and rear suspension. He actually does auto cross with it! I put the engine and trams in my 71 Camaro SS.

Quick Reply: Lq4 in 52 Chevy Truck project