Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC line fitting with LS pressure switch port

Old 10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC line fitting with LS pressure switch port

does anyone know where to get a -6 or -8 beadlock a/c fitting with the correct port for the ls style pressure switch. i have seen pics on the site before but cant seem to find it.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure where to just get the switch but you can just "unbraze" one from a boneyard by just buying the a/c line with the fitting and doing this at home!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I name the place the censorship ***** will remove the post. Shoot me a message.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

When I was looking for a pre-made #8 beadlock with a male M10x1.25 port two years ago, I couldn't find one. I don't know if anyone makes one now.

You can get a weld-on M10x1.25 port from Doc's Blocks or a Tubes N' Hoses dealer, and then get someone to weld one on. Actually I just tried to go to Tubes N' Hoses' website and they don't seem to exist anymore . But Doc's Blocks is still around.

I had Wizard Automotive in Douglasville, GA weld an M10x1.25 switch port onto one of my Vintage Air #8 beadlock fittings and crimp my hoses. They were a Tubes N Hoses dealer at the time.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rodder
When I was looking for a pre-made #8 beadlock with a male M10x1.25 port two years ago, I couldn't find one. I don't know if anyone makes one now.

You can get a weld-on M10x1.25 port from Doc's Blocks or a Tubes N' Hoses dealer, and then get someone to weld one on. Actually I just tried to go to Tubes N' Hoses' website and they don't seem to exist anymore . But Doc's Blocks is still around.

I had Wizard Automotive in Douglasville, GA weld an M10x1.25 switch port onto one of my Vintage Air #8 beadlock fittings and crimp my hoses. They were a Tubes N Hoses dealer at the time.
Rodder, any idea what the threads are on the VA sensor fitting they have for their hose kits? I ordered my set hoping the LS1 sensor would fit where their trinary switch goes. Guess I can try to adapt or rethread the one that came with it.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssduane
Rodder, any idea what the threads are on the VA sensor fitting they have for their hose kits? I ordered my set hoping the LS1 sensor would fit where their trinary switch goes. Guess I can try to adapt or rethread the one that came with it.
I've been trying to get to the same point with my system by trying to find a way to replace the trinary switch on my drier (Hot Rod Air unit) with the GM sensor. Here's where I am so far: I ordered a male/male adapter from a local Goodridge distributor, 3/8-24 on one end (to thread into the drier port), and M10 x 1.25 on the other end (for GM sensor). The Goodridge on-line catalog is currently un-available, so I ordered the fitting blind by description. I'm yet to recieve it, so I don't know if the o-rings will seal properly. I may have to modify the adapter fitting to make it right; I'll report my findings.

BTW, the thread pitch on a 3/8-24 is nearly identical to a M10 x 1.25 pitch, and the M10 diameter is.019" larger. An M10 x 1.25 bolt threaded into my drier port (a little snug) so perhaps there's a possibility there for using a male/male M10 x 1.25 adapter fitting (if there is such a thing?).

Andy1
Old 10-30-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andy1
I've been trying to get to the same point with my system by trying to find a way to replace the trinary switch on my drier (Hot Rod Air unit) with the GM sensor. Here's where I am so far: I ordered a male/male adapter from a local Goodridge distributor, 3/8-24 on one end (to thread into the drier port), and M10 x 1.25 on the other end (for GM sensor). The Goodridge on-line catalog is currently un-available, so I ordered the fitting blind by description. I'm yet to recieve it, so I don't know if the o-rings will seal properly. I may have to modify the adapter fitting to make it right; I'll report my findings.

BTW, the thread pitch on a 3/8-24 is nearly identical to a M10 x 1.25 pitch, and the M10 diameter is.019" larger. An M10 x 1.25 bolt threaded into my drier port (a little snug) so perhaps there's a possibility there for using a male/male M10 x 1.25 adapter fitting (if there is such a thing?).

Andy1
Ya, Andy, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm using the Y adapter fitting which should be a 3/8-24 also. Was thing about finding a die to see if I can rethread it to a M10-1.25. Won't have access to my kit for another 2-3 weeks and will let everyone know how it works.

Please keep my informed Andy on how your plan works out.

Duane
Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems maybe DB's can make a custom adapter for a reasonable amount. I would think if he saw the thread he may do it and get a bit of business considering it would be the easiest solution for everybody in the same boat.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69 Ghost
Seems maybe DB's can make a custom adapter for a reasonable amount. I would think if he saw the thread he may do it and get a bit of business considering it would be the easiest solution for everybody in the same boat.
I had exactly the same thought two or three weeks ago with which I called Mike @ Doc's Blocks, twice leaving two messages to which no call was returned. Perhaps he's busy right now? I've ordered custom from him before , and he did a great job at a great price.

Andy1
Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.hydraulicstore.com/index.php?loc=items&data[history]=&data[catalog]=1&data[grp_id]=4104

any thoughts on this fitting as an adapter?

can't seem to attach the link, but they have 3/8-24 female inverted flare to a m10x1.25 male flare. Can enter PN 1053240 in the search and it will bring it up

Last edited by ssduane; 11-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Duane,

I received the Goodridge fitting I ordered from Mesa Hose and did a preliminary fit up. Turns out it's an AN -3 male on one end (which has a 3/8-24 thread), and probably a JIC male on the other end (M10 x 1.25 thread). If you can hang on just a couple more days, I'll post photos and how it fits the drier and the GM pressure sensor. Initial impression is that it'll work.

Andy1
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andy1
Duane,

I received the Goodridge fitting I ordered from Mesa Hose and did a preliminary fit up. Turns out it's an AN -3 male on one end (which has a 3/8-24 thread), and probably a JIC male on the other end (M10 x 1.25 thread). If you can hang on just a couple more days, I'll post photos and how it fits the drier and the GM pressure sensor. Initial impression is that it'll work.

Andy1
Cool Andy, I got nothing but time as I won't be fitting my stuff up for a while, just stocking parts for when I get a chance to work on the setup.

Duane
Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Here ya go!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...l#post18762686
Old 04-02-2018, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Needing a little help....

I need a fitting like the above link shows. Does anyone know of a supplier that makes them still??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC line fitting with LS pressure switch port