Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant catch a break, syclone wont stay running

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cant catch a break, syclone wont stay running

ok so im starting it up for the first time with the new motor and it starts and runs for like 2 seconds and then shuts off. the gas has been in the tank since march. i have changed nothing to the wiring since the last time i drove it. the fuel pump is on and there power to the injectors and coils the whole time. have a 4l80e but the converter is not bolted in. any ideas?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
ok so im starting it up for the first time with the new motor and it starts and runs for like 2 seconds and then shuts off. the gas has been in the tank since march. i have changed nothing to the wiring since the last time i drove it. the fuel pump is on and there power to the injectors and coils the whole time. have a 4l80e but the converter is not bolted in. any ideas?
We had this same problem on a Chevelle wagon we built and the map sensor was wired wrong. We looked forever it seems like!! Anyway, something to check!!

Happy hunting!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like VATS may be active in the PCM (Vehicle Anti Theft Sys). Did you have it programmed out?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

So I checked all my connections and grounds. Same thing happened. I was getting really frustrated so I just went over the basics again, air/fuel/spark. Pulled a plug to make sure I have spark when it was dying and turned it over. Engine started running. Put the plug back in and it runs good now. I wish I knew what the problem was so i know what to do if it ever happens again.

Quick Reply: cant catch a break, syclone wont stay running