Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use an ISIS wire harness?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone use an ISIS wire harness?

Well, believe it or not, I'm FINALLY ready to wire the car. I have a Painless street rod wire harness (and a speartech engine harness and computer), but just read about the new ISIS controller style harness in the new Hot Rod. Anyone ever wire a car with one of these? Does it really save 20-30 hours of time?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'd like to check it out. looks pretty legit. keep me posted if you decide to go the isis route.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like a good idea (saw the same article and a show did an install a few months back on tv). Not sure if it is worth the investment though.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess it depends on what time is worth. With a 9mo. old at home and the next one due in 4 months I only get to work on the car about an hour a night- so saving 20+ hours would save me almost a month.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrunner 45
With a 9mo. old at home and the next one due in 4 months
Wow, looks like you've been busy in other places besides the garage!

But seriously, I'd want to know what happens when part of it goes south, does the whole system shut down? Just seems like another thing to go bad, but then people said that about efi back in the day...
Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Hmmmm...

For those who don't know, this is what we are talking about: http://www.isispower.com/products.ht...ctID=ISIS3BOXZ

I heard about this a long time ago and I guess some (or possibly all) the OEM's are going to similar technology. It looks cool but like LS1Nova, I'm a little concerned about durability. Only because and as far as I am aware there is one company making it and the product doesn't have a lot of street time on it. Great concept but time is money and for my money which I have way less than I have time, I'll go the old fashioned way - for now. Drop the price to a competitive point and I'll have to look further.

As far as saving 20 hours... If you are completely wiring a custom car no one makes a harness for from front to back I could see that. The problem with their theory is you have a complete new system / technology to learn which you may spend that "saved" 20 hours figuring out! hahaha

On a positive note, just think how cool it would be to only add a relay to the existing power buss to run the fuel pump in a 60's or 70's car for a Gen III / IV swap.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, I have been busy other places- you can always tell when our cable TV went out- 9 mos before the due date!

I think I'm still gonna give this a try- just looking at the ISIS kit VS my painless harness, you can see that there's a lot less to it and actually sounds simpler to use, route, and troubleshoot. I'll let you guys know.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ya ya, keep us posted. i just spent $600 on an american autowire kit for my nova, so i'm going to wait a bit before rewiring it (like, when i decide to run power everything)
Old 02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

There is a group buy goinig on but it ends tomorrow... Sorry about the short notice but we need 10 more for 30 total....

To participate in this group buy you need to email sales@isispower.com. You should put Group Buy in the subject line, list what you want to order....

here is a link to the thread that started it ....
http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sho...highlight=isis
Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Default I have been busy other places

Originally Posted by Roadrunner 45
yes, I have been busy other places- you can always tell when our cable TV went out- 9 mos before the due date!

I think I'm still gonna give this a try- just looking at the ISIS kit VS my painless harness, you can see that there's a lot less to it and actually sounds simpler to use, route, and troubleshoot. I'll let you guys know.
Lmaoooooooo

Quick Reply: Anyone use an ISIS wire harness?