Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for GMPP LS3. Who to buy from?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the market for GMPP LS3. Who to buy from?

Hello everyone,

I am just about ready to purchase a new LS3 and was wondering which company is recommended and willing to give the best deal on one? Any bad experiences?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard good things about Scoggin-Dickey, also placed one (fairly small) order with 'em myself, & got the stuff pretty quickly.

I don't know if they're the best out there, but you could sure do a lot worse...
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

Another vote for Scoggin-Dickey. Great place to deal with made quite a few orders with them earlier this year and they're great to work with.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

If you want a new engine they are the best to deal with, they sell more LS crate motors for GM then anyone and can offer some of the best prices.

If you want a low mile pullout you can save some money but you don’t get the warranty. The L92, LY6, and L76 are all great truck motors that can be had at very low prices and com with trans, computer all accessories for a reasonable price.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you order from your local GM dealer they will cover shipping.

My neighbor was a car salesman. I ordered under his account and got an employee discount. I got the thing in less than a week, too. Got an LS7 clutch, flywheel and pilot bearing at the same time. The base price was competitive with any of the on line brokers I checked, but the free shipping made it the better deal.

Get a price quote from a couple of local dealers. you might be surprised

Last edited by Pop N Wood; 11-25-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Another option is to look for a GMPP dealer in your area. Mine has all kinds of goodies in stock just waiting for you to back your truck up to the dock.

Just go to http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/ and look on the upper right for "locate dealer." It will ask for your zip code and you might be surprised to find out how many are in your area so you can get stuff locally today with no shipping. I also found they are usually pretty close on prices too.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sdpc usualy come with warranty for crate motors.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought our LS3, the order actually went to Pace. SDPC didn't have a liftgate option on their delivery trucks for home delivery, but Pace did. For a very similar price, that meant all the difference in the world to me.

I've ordered from both and they're both top-notch.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We do have the option, but its always about $117 to $130 extra. it may not be an option at the checkout on the site, but residential plus lift gate is in that normal area everywhere. the other option is hold on dock, which means they call you, you go there, and they can load it up in what you have. same shipping rate as deliver to business.