Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Generation F-body owners with Completed LS1 swaps post in here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Working on my LQ4/T56 81 Z28 right now. Using LS1 intake and accessories, what did you guys use for a power steering pressure line and throttle cable? As far as stock off the shelf parts.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
Thats a really nice looking engine compartment.!!!
Hows the power compared to a traditional SBC?
Thanks,

it's pretty quick, but I really don't have anything to compare to since I bought the car as a shell lol

But I def love the easy start up and drivability
Old 08-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Teching In

hello

This is a great thread and I learnt a lot of Good info. I have some questions about a similar venture i am going to undertake.

I want to put in LS3 crate engine with a T56. The original car (78 camaro), is an auto and so i have to change it to a manual. I am going to get the GM performance harness, computer and pedal kit. I have a few questions and hope you guys can shed some thought.

1) do i need a harness to connect the T56 and engine side of things (i think i don't, but still asking)

2) Since its just going to be the 420 hp engine, i was just going to stick with LS7 clutch and flywheel package? i should be good? any alternatives?

3) What type of master cylinder/bracket setup are you guys running? There are a lot of mc setups available
a) stock LS1 mc with ATS bracket
b) Wilwood mc with ATS bracket
c) Tick performance mc with ATS bracket (they claim to be the best, but ....) ??

I am wondering which MC setup is the easiest and robust. I am not necessarily going for the cheapest one. I rather get it done than keep changing it ....

4) how did you guy get the neutral safety setup? The unit is available on eBay for $40 and i am wondering how is it setup? I know it attaches to the clutch but where are the two wires/prongs connected to? Also i was told you need to weld a stop tab so you don't destroy the mc? How did you guys do it?

5) the reverse lockout unit. I do know there is a unit being sold (http://www.wirebarn.com/T56--TR6060-...ule_p_470.html) which is supposed to be a "plug in"? It attaches to the VSS unit and where do i then connect it to on the car side?

6) Finally, has any one used eBay longtube headers from this company?
http://www.speed-engineering.com/ls-...2-ls3-ls6.html
They are kind of reasonably priced. I did read a post in this thread that liked the shorty headers.. any other alternatives..don't want to spend $600

Any help would be appreciated and pictures would help too.

Thanks a bunch...
Old 09-08-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy
Working on my LQ4/T56 81 Z28 right now. Using LS1 intake and accessories, what did you guys use for a power steering pressure line and throttle cable? As far as stock off the shelf parts.
i had the factory ls1 F body line cut and replaced the end that went into the rack and pinion with a fitting that worked with my factory 75 steering gear. See page 14 of my build thread.

Last edited by M6 Swap; 09-08-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Are the dyno numbers accurate, 400hp? That seems low for such an aggressive cam.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscription was a must on this one! Great info, great car, great build!

Quick Reply: 2nd Generation F-body owners with Completed LS1 swaps post in here!