Sponsored by:

L98/L76/LS2/LS3 conversion - Knock Sensor Errors

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Rub

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation L98/L76/LS2/LS3 conversion - Knock Sensor Errors

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post on this forum after a lot of reading before registering.

I have done an engine conversion in my car, getting rid of the LS1 and installing an L98 6.0litre.

I am using the reluctor wheel converter box. To convert the 58x reluctor wheel signal to the 24x in order to retain the factory PCM (I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the issue, but I thought I would add that in, incase you didn't know).

I'm getting the following errors codes thrown;

P0327= Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1)
P0332= Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)

Sometimes they come on when I give the WOT then back off quickly, and sometimes it happens when I'm just cruising.

I know of at least one other person who's had the same error codes, and they have replaced knock sensors and extension harnesses.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thanks,

Kim

Last edited by Rub; 12-16-2009 at 05:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dcon (07-30-2021)
Old 06-19-2020, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Default Did you ever get this figured out?

I have an LS3 with the same reluctor conversion. I am getting the same error codes even after replacing the sensors. I would love to know if you made any progress.
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Dcon (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyguy
I have an LS3 with the same reluctor conversion. I am getting the same error codes even after replacing the sensors. I would love to know if you made any progress.
Thanks
Me too. Recently did a 24x RamJet (L31) conversion with the LS1 pcm. Same code (P0327), getting an occasional on/off knock retard of 8 when I scanned it. Using a brand new delphi 1997 Camaro KS. Used the L31 knock tables and made changes to B6244, B6245, B6250. and B6255 as someone recommended at efilive. Another person said to only use a AC Delco sensor. going to try that next. Getting some audible detonation under load, Im not liking that. This is a pretty stock setup. Hoping someone has some ideas! Thanks.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dcon
Me too. Recently did a 24x RamJet (L31) conversion with the LS1 pcm. Same code (P0327), getting an occasional on/off knock retard of 8 when I scanned it. Using a brand new delphi 1997 Camaro KS. Used the L31 knock tables and made changes to B6244, B6245, B6250. and B6255 as someone recommended at efilive. Another person said to only use a AC Delco sensor. going to try that next. Getting some audible detonation under load, Im not liking that. This is a pretty stock setup. Hoping someone has some ideas! Thanks.
I still haven't figured anything out, it's definitely frustrating. I let me know if you make any progress! Good luck buddy!
Old 07-30-2021, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyguy
I still haven't figured anything out, it's definitely frustrating. I let me know if you make any progress! Good luck buddy!
Success!! (I think) So, the guy who originally installed the RamJet in my FJ40 back in 2002, used block hugger headers and for KS clearance to the header, used a bucnch of 3/8 npt brass fittings and brass pipe about 3" long then had the KS at the end of that contraption. I found it was also all clogged with gunk so coolant wasnt in direct contact with the KS. I took it all off and was able to fit the KS around the header with just one of the brass street elbows he had installed. I let some coolant drain through to clear the port, then installed a KS. I had a used KS off of a 1999 L31 donor truck engine which I am pretty sure is original GM and installed that.
I took it out for a drive scanning with EFI live. The KS was doing its thing and retarding the timing under low RPM load with no noticeable detonation as would be expected. It was also ramping up, not the sudden on/off to 8 like the occasional before symptom. In the future, I may install another KS on bank 2 since the LS1B PCM has provisions for it, or not . Here are the 2002 L31 express van knock table changes I used in my 2002 Fbody tune: B6244 changed to 0. B6245 reduced all values 50%. B6250 reduced all 75%. B6255 reduced all 75%. I hope this helps!
Old 07-30-2021, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dcon
Success!! (I think) So, the guy who originally installed the RamJet in my FJ40 back in 2002, used block hugger headers and for KS clearance to the header, used a bucnch of 3/8 npt brass fittings and brass pipe about 3" long then had the KS at the end of that contraption. I found it was also all clogged with gunk so coolant wasnt in direct contact with the KS. I took it all off and was able to fit the KS around the header with just one of the brass street elbows he had installed. I let some coolant drain through to clear the port, then installed a KS. I had a used KS off of a 1999 L31 donor truck engine which I am pretty sure is original GM and installed that.
I took it out for a drive scanning with EFI live. The KS was doing its thing and retarding the timing under low RPM load with no noticeable detonation as would be expected. It was also ramping up, not the sudden on/off to 8 like the occasional before symptom. In the future, I may install another KS on bank 2 since the LS1B PCM has provisions for it, or not . Here are the 2002 L31 express van knock table changes I used in my 2002 Fbody tune: B6244 changed to 0. B6245 reduced all values 50%. B6250 reduced all 75%. B6255 reduced all 75%. I hope this helps!
Excellent! Thank you so much, this is so helpful! I'll look at my step when I get home and see if this fix works for me! Thanks a ton! Y'all are awesome!

Quick Reply: L98/L76/LS2/LS3 conversion - Knock Sensor Errors