Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power steering hose...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default power steering hose...

i'm in houston texas....i was wondering if there is some nationwide or even local chain of stores that makes customize power steering hose??? i need a short piece made to go into my steering rack (banjo hole) to whateva the end of the power steering pump hose is...
Old 03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a guy local to me that does this type of work and A/C hoses as well. My street rod / hot rod friends and I have used him for years and the prices are very reasonable. You may check with hydraulic repair shops in your area. They may do the work or be able to refer you to someone who does.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

i called oreily...they only make hydraulic hoses...i got a manager at work that does custom build hot rodding...i bet he'd prob know a place in houston...was wondering if anyone in this board is from houston and know where i can get one...
Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

my local napa made mine for me!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Teching In

On the south side of Houston, close to Alvin, there is a company called Tubing & Metric Specialties. Their address is 860 Fm 517 Rd, Alvin, TX 7751. Phone # (281) 331-1732.

They can do just about anything in regards to power steering or any other hydraulic application you may have. The manager, Charlie IIRC, builds custom motorcycles and is very helpful to those of us in the auto hobby.

They did my power steering lines in my LT1 swap, and even let me take the lines back to the shop to make sure the lengths and angles would work before putting the ends on. All said and done, they were around $60 and fit perfectly.

All of the auto parts stores I inquired about doing them, NAPA included, could not, or would not, make them.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BadVRod
On the south side of Houston, close to Alvin, there is a company called Tubing & Metric Specialties. Their address is 860 Fm 517 Rd, Alvin, TX 7751. Phone # (281) 331-1732.

They can do just about anything in regards to power steering or any other hydraulic application you may have. The manager, Charlie IIRC, builds custom motorcycles and is very helpful to those of us in the auto hobby.

They did my power steering lines in my LT1 swap, and even let me take the lines back to the shop to make sure the lengths and angles would work before putting the ends on. All said and done, they were around $60 and fit perfectly.

All of the auto parts stores I inquired about doing them, NAPA included, could not, or would not, make them.
dammit...guess shoulda added i'm in northwest houston in the willowbrook area...but thanx for the info...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Teching In

It's a drive for you, but if you consider all the driving and time looking for someplace to do them, it may be a better option to simply drive there and be done with it.

I might add that their hose is fabric wrapped and very attractive.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BadVRod
It's a drive for you, but if you consider all the driving and time looking for someplace to do them, it may be a better option to simply drive there and be done with it.

I might add that their hose is fabric wrapped and very attractive.

yeah??? cool...yeah...i really don't intend on driving around "just looking"...i really don't mind driving actually...just rather not since i drive for a living...but will do it if need be...if need be i'd just call it in and pick it up...
Old 03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

I need a PS HP hose and the two AC hoses made up.
My NAPA said no.

Anyone know someone in the Hartford/Springfield area that does this>

Quick Reply: power steering hose...