Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 belair ls conversion,supercharged!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna see the pics of the new intake. I seen that you changed it in the first pic. What is it?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're going to be at more than 400 to the wheels..looks nice though
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SB2NOVA
I wanna see the pics of the new intake. I seen that you changed it in the first pic. What is it?
good pick up on that one.you are just going to have a little patience on that one should be catching up on the picts. soon.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stevied916
I think you're going to be at more than 400 to the wheels..looks nice though
the car has been dynoed at last years carcraft show blew up the supercharger belt in the burnout contest. put down 400 to the rear wheels right on the money but supercharger was only putting 4.5# of boost .more changes to come. I will try to get everyone caught up to speed shortly.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Wow!! Nice build you have some great fab skills, Please keep us updated.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=pmgm;13432913]Wow!! Nice build you have some great fab skills, Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the intrest.hope to have the rest of the build picts caught up to date soon.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

this is a shot underneath the car channeling the new frame rails to tuck up into.

had to weld new foor pans on both sides and channel part of the frame to tuck up into.
a little fuel system upgrades areomotive a 1000 pump just ran 3/8 lines witch might be a prob. but we will see.ended up welding a sump into the bottom of the tank plumed an-10 fittings to the supply line to the pump.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

fabricated a fan shroud and radiator mounts.

finshed all the frame mods for now.if you look close you can see the perimeter frame,sway bar mounts,rack and pinion mounts and the 13 " brakes.
here is one side of the ex. system. ended up using 2002 camaro stock manifolds and cut the huge flanges down and tapped new bolt pattern in them . had to make the system to come apart so when the body comes off I can disasemble it and send it out to get coated.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

this is what the stance looks like with all the air out.finished tuning in with the supercharger,and the intercooler hooked up with carl of cj. tunes at about 3 am whent to bed for a couple of hrs.got up for work at 6am worked until noon and decided to take the chance and go on the power tour 2009.

for once everything worked out ok the car drove and handled awsome even for being such a big boat it still handled awsome.

made it to madison with 20 mpgs.in very hilly and windy wisc.about 75 the whole way.can't be dissapointed with that.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Launching!

Nice build. You going to the Back to the 50's with it also?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
Nice build. You going to the Back to the 50's with it also?
yes I will be bringing out the belair for another signing session if you have anyideas for me to incorporate into the build you can write the ideas on the car with a shrapie marker.Then follow the build and see if I use your sugestions in the build. Also we will be bringing my sons chopper bike that we are just finishing and it will be on display at the house of kolor booth. my son last year told me somday I want to bring somthing out here to display one year later here it is.

we will have the build photos loaded to the web site shortly just been insane busy.hope to see you guys there.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

nice fab work !
Old 06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Default power tour 2009

trying to get back up to date.theese are a few picts from the hot rod power tour 2009.wish we could have went this year but just to many things going on.we finished hooking the supercharger up and the inter cooler piping up at 3 am the day of the power tour. flipped a coin and decided to brake in everything on the way down to madison.for once everything went awsome and pulled off 20 mpg through hilly wisc.running about 75 the whole way.

the car felt so good we figured why not see if we can break somthing.well it didn't work this time the car handled awsome for a huge boat.very little body roll beat up on alot of people afraid to push down on the gas pedal.first time autocrossing ever.this was a blast.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

2nd day we flipped a coin to go to racine or not weather was sapose to rain all day. we took a chance and went anyways. the storms cleared up right after we got there.we had a chance to drag race the car turned out a 13.8 not bad for the first time out. but lots of room for improvements. a stall convertor and drop the drive by wire would really help.compressor is only puting out 4.5# of boost.blow off valve seemed to be leaking alot. we will have to check this out on a later time.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wicked nice build!!

How come you feel the DBW is a handicap?
What mph in the quarter?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ponjohn
Wicked nice build!!

How come you feel the DBW is a handicap?
What mph in the quarter?
it seems like the drive by wire has a sec. of hesitation before anything happens my 60ft times were like 2.6 i think mph. was 113.hope to start improving things soon.the ecu that I am using is for a truck. don't know if thats why its so hesitant or what but it sucks seeing someone leave the line ahead of you with your foot on the floor and nothings happening stinks.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by E.rodz
it seems like the drive by wire has a sec. of hesitation before anything happens my 60ft times were like 2.6 i think mph. was 113.hope to start improving things soon.the ecu that I am using is for a truck. don't know if thats why its so hesitant or what but it sucks seeing someone leave the line ahead of you with your foot on the floor and nothings happening stinks.
I was under the impression that the the ecu could be tuned for faster throttle tip in ? I believe it's setup slower from the factory for better driveability. I could be wrong and leave it in the hands of the LS1tech guru's.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:30 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=GTP RWD;13543977]I was under the impression that the the ecu could be tuned for faster throttle tip in ? I believe it's setup slower from the factory for better driveability. I could be wrong and leave it in the hands of the LS1tech guru's.[/QUOTE
I hope you are right if anyone else knows please let me know what I can do about this.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

thats pretty much where we ended up last year. brought the car to car craft nats. 2009 threw it on the dyno to the tune of 400hp to the rear wheels. with still only 4.5# of boost.it is only a 5.3 so I was happy with the results.autocrossed it at the car craft show. then entered it in the burnout show on sun.ended up third place.3/4 of the way through the burnout the car lost power and layed down. couldnt figure out what happened because everything returned to normal and the car now ran fine again. figured out what happened on the way home the supercharger belt. internal belt blew. no boost and the tranny goes into a false neutral when I step on it more than 3/4 throttle.pulled the supercharger to exzamine and wow. there was not so much as a 1/2 piece left of the belt just powder.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice car! much 4 door love here, I've built 2, a 62 and a 66.

very nice attention to detail

Quick Reply: 63 belair ls conversion,supercharged!