Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send him a offer.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think insurance purposes and maybe building a sleeper would be the major reason why. Also there are alot of posts on doing these swaps from what I've read it seems relatively simple with some mechanical knowledge
Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Launching!

I have sent him an offer and we have settled but I just need to come up with $300 more. It $1000 shipped with an adjustable master cylinder and an 01+ slave cylinder which he said flow better at higher RPMs. Also with 35K - 40K miles on it. Sounds good doesn't it?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Ok just keeping you guys updated the offer above fell through. He sold it so somebody before I had the money. But I found another and the money will be sent thursday. So I should have a transmission by the end of next week. I'll let you know when I get it and Ill post some pictures of the engine block since I painted it silver also.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Updated the original post with these pics of the engine block. Here I painted the block using the same high temp Duplicolor aluminum engine paint. I first cleaned the block down with purple power degreaser and a small wire brush. Then washed that off with the water hose and repeated a couple times. Next I sprayed it down with lacquer thinner and wipe it off. I also taped off all the polished aluminum places on the block since I will polish them back up. Then I sprayed two coats waiting 10 min in between coats. So here is the pics enjoy.

Last edited by pemberton; 07-05-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Looking good man. I'm in the process of doing the same thing to my Firebird. But I just found a salvage T/A to swap everything over. I figured that way, I don't need to keep looking for little parts that I don't have.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Launching!

Yeah its great if you got a salvage or a complete pullout. There all alot of small parts. I think I'll still spend the same amount if I went stock. But I plan on doing a few upgrades that will make mine a lil bit more expensive.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Ok guys it's been a long time for an update I know. The tranny still hasn't been shipped but I am trying to get everything else ready. So my question is which clutch should I go with. I am looking at a LS7 clutch (but I would also have to buy the LS7 flywheel), or a SPEC Stage 1 clutch. What would be the best for daily driving and occasionally racing? They're about the same amount of money but I would still have to buy the flywheel for the LS7 clutch...
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Well I'm still waiting for the damn transmission. I get paid this Thursday so I'll start and get the final pieces. I was wanting these headers off eBay but it seems the guy isn't making them anymore. They were the only ones on there with no EGR. So I might be going with pacesetter's or TSP longtubes now. I am also still trying to decide what to do with the exhaust. Right now I mught just fab something to go into my firebird exhaust with my magnaflow cat and muffler. Cause I wanna save up a do my own true dual set-up.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

How's it coming? I'm close to being done with my swap. Probably a few more days. I went with the LS7 clutch. I got the kit from KY Speed. I got the headers you're talking about and I posted pictures of them in the ebay header thread in the Gen III External Engine section. He offers true duals too. I ordered them along with the headers but they haven't come yet. If you want the info, PM me and I'll let you know.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Yeah I ordered the eBay headers the other day. I will have all the parts by next weekend. Then I'll take off work on a Friday probably and finish it by the end of the weekend hopefully.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Well guys if anybody sees the member "hsanasoc" or knows him, tell him I wanna punch him in the dick. He is who I bought my T56 off of. He has my money through PayPal. And now he isn't answering my messages. I started a dispute with PayPal yesterday about it. So hopefully I can get mey money back and find another transmission. But I had a problem with the headers and got that straightened out. Ordered them through LsXtreme Performance and the guy there is really nice. They just didn't have my address so I'll get some pictures of them posted up as soon as I get them. I also got my TB ported and polished on the inside. And I painted the valve covers and coil pack brackets black and the coil packs themselves red. So I am just waiting for a transmission. Sorry this is taking forever but people just aren't reliable.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Updates?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Yeah I kinda let this tread die. I had a hard time getting the transmission, but I found one in NewYork and went and got it. I was kinda of scared not knowing anything about the engine so I pulled the heads off to see how things looked. There was broken glass from the wreck that this engine was in and a good bit of deposits on the heads and pistons. So I though a rebuild would be easier now while outta the car. Plus I really weanted to go with a forged 383ci so I could boost the **** outta this thing with a Vortech supercharger. I'll just make a new thread when I get everything completed. I am shooting for christmas. I just can't move as fast as you guys want updates, so I think im gonna do this. I just got the 383 rotating assembly so it's coming along.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Launching!

By the way the eBay headers guy I guess is outta business? I got my money back but they just have terrible customer service. One guy answering the phone! Stupid!
Old 07-17-2016, 09:55 PM

Default ls1 swap

Question for doing 1998 camaro ls1 swap to 1999 firebird v6

for do ls1 swap have ws6 ls1 harness with 2 interior connector, ls1 pcm, v8 gauge been all together it not receive power when turn ingition on nothing happened no crank only get power for headlight motor, window,and inside light. anyelse i was miss on those?

Quick Reply: 00' Firebird V6 to V8 LS1 Swap