Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website

We at BRP Hot Rods, Inc would like to invite you to checkout our new website and online store. From now until the end of July we are offering LS1TECH members a 5% discount, please call in your order for the 5% discount. A new feature on our website is our Installation Guide section; we have all of our new Installation Manuals online in PDF format. This will make it easier for the customer to see what is involved in the swap prior to purchasing our products. We offer the most complete line of application specific/bolt-in LSx swap kits in the industry along with the largest selection of headers. We are currently working on a complete line of custom made nylon fuel lines designed to make your fuel system as easy as possible. They will have the factory style quick disconnect fittings and will be designed to be used with the Spectra Premium fuel tanks and Corvette fuel pressure regulator. As we make each of the fuel line kits available they will be listed under their particular application on our website. Another way we are working towards becoming your complete LSx swap source is that we will be offering the Auto Meter adapter fittings, along with the GM flywheel spacer kits. We have three new kits that are already designed and we’ve started production on, the first one is our 78-81 Malibu, 95-03 S-10 (including a new line of headers with all of the tubes inside the frame) and the Fox Body Mustangs (Hedman just finished the 2” primary tube headers for this kit today). We will do our best to be active with the LS1TECH forums, but please understand that we spend most of the day in the shop building products. We understand that some of our customers have had issues in the past with fitment and customer service, we are striving to correct any issues that we can. We’ve replaced quite a few employees because of this, all we ask is that you give us a chance to correct any issues. Although I’ve only been with the company a few months we’ve been working very hard to correct any known issues and go back through and make sure that we are offering our customer the very best products
Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings,

I have an 86 Monte Carlo SS (4L65E)with column shift.. One of the detractors from purchasing your full length headers for my car was the uncertainty of making this work with column shift.

Has there been any effort to, or will there be in the near future, an effort to verify if it will work without drastic changes or modifications?

Just not willing to pull the trigger on an 800.00 set of headers until I have some positive indication it’s doable

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-18-2010, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2Aspire
Greetings,

I have an 86 Monte Carlo SS (4L65E)with column shift.. One of the detractors from purchasing your full length headers for my car was the uncertainty of making this work with column shift.

Has there been any effort to, or will there be in the near future, an effort to verify if it will work without drastic changes or modifications?

Just not willing to pull the trigger on an 800.00 set of headers until I have some positive indication it’s doable

Thanks,

Matt
Matt,
We didn't test fit the G-Body headers with the column shift cross shaft, but I've enclosed a photo from when the headers were being fabricated. It "looks" like it might work, I have headers from another manufacturer on my big block suburban and I had to fabricate a new cross shaft for my truck when I installed their headers with a raised area to clear the collector, if it's close this might be an option. If I can get another G-Body on the lift I'll check and see if it works, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do it any time soon. We have the next few project already lined up. which headers are you looking at?
Attached Thumbnails "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website-img_0492.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have any pics of the 1 7/8in or 2in headers installed? I'm curious to see how these fit.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camarof41_383
Do you have any pics of the 1 7/8in or 2in headers installed? I'm curious to see how these fit.
For which application?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

What are your plans for 62-67 X Body Nova swap? There is a substantial requirement for this swap right now....

T,
Old 06-18-2010, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TomM
What are your plans for 62-67 X Body Nova swap? There is a substantial requirement for this swap right now....

T,
Tom, we are already working on the details of the kit now. We have a customer bringing us a complete vehicle to use for mock-up right after the 1970-1972 Monte Carlo kit gets finished, that car will be on the lift next week (or so). We've already decided how the engine mounts will be fit into the vehicle Unlike other kits, our kit won't require you to have the factory V8 frame brackets.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interested in the Fox swap. Let me have details
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dmracing
Interested in the Fox swap. Let me have details
We have the Fox Body conversion kit completed and the first production run is getting ready to be powder coated. The kits costs $499, which includes the engine mounts, frame brackets, transmission cross member, poly transmission mount and hardware. The kit was built around the the Cadillac oil pan, which is getting ready to go through a drastic price reduction. The engine mounts bolt in to the stock 5.0L k-member but also provide an extra hole in each frame bracket for a secondary mounting hole. The transmission cross member bolts into the stock location and we have both 4L60E and T-56 cross members in stock. Hedman just finished the mock-up long tube headers and we are offering them all the way up to 2" primary tubes, we also offer 1 3/4" mid-length headers.
Attached Thumbnails "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website-hpim0807.jpg   "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website-hpim0812.jpg   "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website-img_0026.jpg   "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website-img_0021.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
Matt,
We didn't test fit the G-Body headers with the column shift cross shaft, but I've enclosed a photo from when the headers were being fabricated. It "looks" like it might work, I have headers from another manufacturer on my big block suburban and I had to fabricate a new cross shaft for my truck when I installed their headers with a raised area to clear the collector, if it's close this might be an option. If I can get another G-Body on the lift I'll check and see if it works, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do it any time soon. We have the next few project already lined up. which headers are you looking at?
Ok thanks,

Let me know if and when you may have any time to confirm..

From the picture it looks like it might work.. Plus there was an individual that slotted the bracket that supports the rod to raise it higher but still not sure if its going to be an issue.

I was looking at the stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 but thinking it over, with My LS2, I would probably go with the 1 7/8 headers..
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Ok thanks,

Let me know if and when you may have any time to confirm..

From the picture it looks like it might work.. Plus there was an individual that slotted the bracket that supports the rod to raise it higher but still not sure if its going to be an issue.

I was looking at the stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 but thinking it over, with My LS2, I would probably go with the 1 7/8 headers..
I would lean more towards the 1 7/8" with that engine. I'll put it on the schedule and seen when (and if) I can squeeze it on the lift.
Jeff
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Launching!

I would lean more towards the 1 7/8" with that engine. I'll put it on the schedule and seen when (and if) I can squeeze it on the lift.
Jeff
Agreed on the 1 7/8.. I'll wait to hear from you.. With the understanding that its a matter of fitting this into your schedule..

Thanks for responding..

Matt
Old 06-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Teching In

DO you have pictures of the new inframe s10 longtubes fitment?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For which application?
sorry 82-92 F-body
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Tom, we are already working on the details of the kit now. We have a customer bringing us a complete vehicle to use for mock-up right after the 1970-1972 Monte Carlo kit gets finished, that car will be on the lift next week (or so). We've already decided how the engine mounts will be fit into the vehicle Unlike other kits, our kit won't require you to have the factory V8 frame brackets.
Thanks for the prompt reply....what about a header solution, long tube, short tube, mid length, stainless, coated, work with stock steering and a 4 speed etc.....

T,
Old 06-19-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have the Fox Body conversion kit completed and the first production run is getting ready to be powder coated. The kits costs $499, which includes the engine mounts, frame brackets, transmission cross member, poly transmission mount and hardware. The kit was built around the the Cadillac oil pan, which is getting ready to go through a drastic price reduction. The engine mounts bolt in to the stock 5.0L k-member but also provide an extra hole in each frame bracket for a secondary mounting hole. The transmission cross member bolts into the stock location and we have both 4L60E and T-56 cross members in stock. Hedman just finished the mock-up long tube headers and we are offering them all the way up to 2" primary tubes, we also offer 1 3/4" mid-length headers.
What about a pic of the driver side header?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Are your 82-92. Camaro 1 7/8 headers using the flat collector still? If so could you send some clearance pics to me?
Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Agreed on the 1 7/8.. I'll wait to hear from you.. With the understanding that its a matter of fitting this into your schedule..

Thanks for responding..

Matt
I'll let you know as soon as I can get it taken care of.
jeff
Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by spikely23
DO you have pictures of the new inframe s10 longtubes fitment?
The NEW S-10 headers are being built, as soon as I have pics I'll post them. thanks for the intrest.
Jeff

Last edited by BRPhotrods; 06-21-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: signed with my name
Old 06-21-2010, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TomM
Thanks for the prompt reply....what about a header solution, long tube, short tube, mid length, stainless, coated, work with stock steering and a 4 speed etc.....

T,
We will build both long tube and mid-length headers the will be ceramic coated, at this time we won't be offering Stainless (although it is something we are looking into). All of our headers and kits are designed around stock steering and stock suspension, and we try to use power steering and a/c whenever possible. As for a 4-speed, our kits are not designed to work with the stock clutch linkage. We design them around a hydraulic clutch system, so if you are running a 4-speed you might need to swap to a hydraulic throwout bearing.
Jeff

Last edited by BRPhotrods; 06-21-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: signed with my name

Quick Reply: "NEW" BRP Hot Rods Website