Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get the aftermarket temp sensor work for my LM7 - swapped into a 67 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get the aftermarket temp sensor work for my LM7 - swapped into a 67 camaro

I have a LM7 in a 67 camaro with all the fuel inj. reprogrammed for stand alone. I cannot get the digital temp guage to work, using the stock temp. sensor that came on the engine in the truck, to work even though i tried wiring it in as i was told by others who've done it before on the LM7. The wiring harness was done by Wait4meperformance so im assuming the PCM was reprogrammed and what not properly.

i tried running the signal wire from the digital guage to the "hot" wire on the temp sensor on the head. it will only read to 100 degrees but i have a radiator cap with a temp. guage on it and it reads normal temps of 180 like usual.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which gauge do you have? More than likely, you will have to get a temp sensor that works with the gauge you have. Most of the time, the factory sensors don't work with aftermarket gauges. I have heard that the CANN gauges (like ones offered by Mast Motorsports) will work with the factory sensors.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default engine temp

hello obedience. the engine temp sensor(for pcm/harness use) is located on the front driver side of cylinder head on ur 5.3. (suggestion) there is another place for guage use on the passenger side cylinder head(rear). you must remove this plug with a hex key and can place ur sensor in this location. now you can monitor engine temps in (2) locations. to me its easier this way. dont burn the wiring because it very close to exhaust manifolds. good luck.

Quick Reply: Trying to get the aftermarket temp sensor work for my LM7 - swapped into a 67 camaro