Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

re-programming AND tunning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default re-programming AND tunning?

It seems like not many people do reprogramming and mail order tunning of ecu's. Not really fond of having to send the ecu to two different places.

I am looking at installing a modified lq4 (ls6 cam/intake, ported tb, long tube headers) into a 71 nova with my modified wiring harness and need to know if there is someone local that can re-program the ecu.

I am looking at buying a ECU from an astro (would be same service number as the ecu that should have been for the wiring harness, but cheaper) and load the lq4 program onto it.

Changes would be
1. remove VATS
2. I have wiring harness setup for electric fan controls for blue pin 42 (fan 1) green pin 33 (fan 2)
3. I have no Maf so will run on speed density
4. remove rear o2 sensors and all emissions crap
5. program for 4.10 gears with 28" tall tires
6. remove programming for a/c (no a/c on car)

and that is all I can think of for now

so, I know you can not post links to non-vendors, so if you had a non-vendor do it, please pm me if you have had good experiances with someone, and roughly what it set you back.

thanks in advance
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Mail order is perfect for that, especially to save some cash.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Try here, www.pcmforless.com I'm local to them so I dont have to ship, but they do mail order as well. Always good service here. This is for the N.C. office.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

speartech is a good place im sending mine to them to get reprogramed
Old 07-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Hey this guy is awesome he does all gen3 motors i had to email him for the 5.3 in mine. i had him remove all my air,egr,vats ect and i did the power tune for my larger cam,lt headers,injectors ect fast as hell also.

http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/service/order.php
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand why you'd need to send it to 2 places?
If you send it to somebody like Frost, he'd just use a tune from his library of dyno developed tunes and tweek it, if need be for your application. I've never seen a negative post for any of his tunes. I think he's still running his special.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

I spoke to this gentleman for about half an hour last week. His name is Geoff and he was mentioned & recommended several places on this board. Search for EPS or Geoff in the tuning seciton of the forum. After talking with him I felt he would be easy to work with and sounded competent. He is a dealer for comp cams and offered package pricing if I purchased hardware along with tuning.

http://www.engpwrsys.com/

The only thing I didn't like was that he uses EFILive. I haven't investigated the merits of the software, but it is quite a bit more expensive than HPTuners and I wasn't sure if I could afford a copy later or if the EFLive tune could later be edited by HPTuners. I'm still investigating.

*EDIT* billsnogo, can you put a link to your build thread in your signature?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
I spoke to this gentleman for about half an hour last week. His name is Geoff and he was mentioned & recommended several places on this board. Search for EPS or Geoff in the tuning seciton of the forum. After talking with him I felt he would be easy to work with and sounded competent. He is a dealer for comp cams and offered package pricing if I purchased hardware along with tuning.

http://www.engpwrsys.com/

The only thing I didn't like was that he uses EFILive. I haven't investigated the merits of the software, but it is quite a bit more expensive than HPTuners and I wasn't sure if I could afford a copy later or if the EFLive tune could later be edited by HPTuners. I'm still investigating.

*EDIT* billsnogo, can you put a link to your build thread in your signature?

As long as he doesn't lock it or use a custom operating system, you should be able to tune it later with any of the tuning packages. Of course that wouldn't help the OP since he wants to go with SD and if its done with a COS, he'll almost be commited to stick with which ever package its done with, or start over

Quick Reply: re-programming AND tunning?