Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Real Evolution (2009 Lancer-questions)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Real Evolution (2009 Lancer-questions)

So I was sitting around trying to figure out if I wanted to go turbocharger or wait for a surcharges to hit them market for my 09 Lancer GTS... and then it hit me. For the price of a turbo setup I might as well get some real power with reliability!

So to start off, I know width wise the LS1 will fit if i do a battery relocation, but, I'm not to sure about length wise. It's my understanding that the ls1 is approximately 21" long - is this correct? I have 24-27" of room at the tightest point possible(without moving back the firewall). I already have a driveshaft tunnel, but will need a transmission hump. And to find a rear end for the car. And all the fab work to bolt it in up front. RWD conversions FTW lol.

That's all I really know about it. Just a thought that I would like to make reality. Any input and advice would be appreciated greatly. I thought about asking other lancer owners for imput, but I figured I would be tagged a blasphemist and shunned forever on the lancer forums XD.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

I think that would make you a blasphemer.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Thats a lot of money, if the lancer is like your favorite car of all time go for it, otherwise i think you would be better off with a brand new 5.0 for less cash, or even brand new EVO, whatever you prefer.

Quick Reply: The Real Evolution (2009 Lancer-questions)