Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting a little hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting a little hot

My problem right now is that I'm getting over 215*..My set up is a Twin turbo 70mm in a lq4 with 4L80E tranny with a brake...I'm runing kool if I dont turn the AC on..but the minute I turn it on starts to get hot..We put a 180* thermo....Also I'm runing to small spals fans one in the outside of the car on inside the engine comparment....Are you guys runing a different fan or water pump...I was thinking in runing the MARK IIIV fan what you guys think of this..Any info will help....

THANX
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you've got the room, you're better off running a mark viii fan than any spal. You have to run it through a 75a relay if using the ecm, or dcc or flex-a-lite 31165 controller. the controllers will modulate voltage to provide soft start (to alleviate the voltage spike issues), and run the fan for 30 seconds after shut-down. here's some good info on the mark 8 fan (size, etc.)

What's this setup in? I wish my LQ4/4L80e Nova would run at 215°, and it has an aluminium radiator, taurus fan (albeit setup for low-speed only), and auxiliary trans cooler.