Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98-02 Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 Radiator

Hey guys, First post... Not sure if this is the right section. I'm building a 68 Camaro with and Ls1 in it. I'm trying to get a radiator to keep it cool but all of the good aftermarket ones are over 800 dollars. To the guys that have 98-02 Camaros with Ls1's, is the stock radiator enough. Will it be able to handle abuse from a 500 horse power engine? I'm also curious about the stock setup. I know it has dual fans, but are they 11, 12, 13"? Any and all comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Kenny
Old 07-20-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LT1 radiator is a good bet. It is thicker than the LS1, you will just need to block off the extra heater port. For 500hp the stock one probably wont cause any issues though.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in a 4th gen radiator after blowing fuses with a Lincoln Mark VIII fan setup. It takes a little work but if you have the stock fans it is worth it especially if you are using the stock engine bay harness with the engine harness. I have some pics if you are interested. BTW on eboy you can get a new radiator for about $60 shipped so if are on a budget......
Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Ghost, if you wouldn't mind could you describe what had to be done to put the radiator in your car, which I am assuming is a 69 camaro?
After looking around on ebay for a while it looks like I could get a fan/shroud and radiator for about 300 bucks shipped. Do you guys know of any site sponsors that sell that kind of stock replacement stuff?
Thanks again for all your help. This site just saved me a lot of money
Kenny

Quick Reply: 98-02 Radiator