Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where in socal are people getting there ls motors for swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where in socal are people getting there ls motors for swap?

Where in socal are people getting these ls motors? Im looking for a lq4. Anyone got any good salvage yards?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're looking for an lq4 truck motor, the most plentiful supply is from A-1 Truck Wrecking in Rialto, CA. Large inventory. Best to call since their online inventory changes pretty fast. http://www.a1truckwrecking.com/

Andy1
Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up Have LQ4 Truck motor I bought a few months ago

Hi 71chevellels1,

I have a LQ4 truck motor complete I bought a few months ago and I am not going to use it. I want at least what I paid for it at $750.00. I beleive its a 2002. It has 317 aluminum heads and its probably a gen III. Call me at 951-203-0489. I am in the riverside, ca area of southern california.

Hpbob1
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Teching In

Default Salvage Yards

I suggest that you drive to Sunland, Just north of LA. There are miles and miles of salvage yards there of every kind. That's what I did, found an LS1 still in a corvette, they pulled it for me on the spot.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 928vette
I suggest that you drive to Sunland, Just north of LA. There are miles and miles of salvage yards there of every kind. That's what I did, found an LS1 still in a corvette, they pulled it for me on the spot.
You musta got lucky since there are literally hundreds of salvage yards in Sunland. I'd think it would take a lot of effort to hunt something down. There is International Auto Salvage that specializes in Camaro's. They get cars in regularly but they part them real fast, so you have to call every other day to stay on top of them. I got my LS1 from them.

Andy1
Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andy1
You musta got lucky since there are literally hundreds of salvage yards in Sunland. I'd think it would take a lot of effort to hunt something down. There is International Auto Salvage that specializes in Camaro's. They get cars in regularly but they part them real fast, so you have to call every other day to stay on top of them. I got my LS1 from them.

Andy1
where in so-cal are you?

I found mine on ebay and picked it up in AZ. I see a handful of them on craigslist. There are also a bunch of salvage yards in san diego down by the border...
Old 08-04-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSilver
where in so-cal are you?

I found mine on ebay and picked it up in AZ. I see a handful of them on craigslist. There are also a bunch of salvage yards in san diego down by the border...
I'm in Santa Clarita.

The original poster was asking about an LQ4 truck motor which is why I recommended he check out A-1 Truck Salvage. Plenty of other truck yards in SoCal I suspect.

Andy1
Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

I got my complete LQ4 with 40K for 1400 from a place in Fontana called americal truck dismantles. I just called all the local places listed on Car-parts.com to have LQ4's and got quotes. The guy I delt with was cool and gave me everything with the engine (PCM, peddle...) and free delivery.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Bump

Anyone bought a ls pullout from a junk yard recently? Who has the best priced motors?

Quick Reply: Where in socal are people getting there ls motors for swap?