Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 ls powered camaro with tremec or 6spd?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 ls powered camaro with tremec or 6spd?

i need info on what it takes to either put a tremec 5spd or a ls type 6spd in a 67 camaro with a ls 6.0 motor in it....thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

either will work.. maybe a bit more work for the LSx T56 due to the size and what might/will require Trans Tunnel modification. The Tremec 5's will not require any trans tunnel modification.

The late F-Body, GTO or CTS-V T56 will be a direct bolt in. The Tremec 5 will require the correct Bell housing, Flywheel/Clutch and Hyd Clutch slave setup.

Shifter location will vary depending on which one you chose.

Drive shaft may/will need to be modifed for the correct length and yoke.

But either one is going to workout ok as they have been done countless times, do some reserach if you have a specific question... or ask if you can't find the answer.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billyflantos
i need info on what it takes to either put a tremec 5spd or a ls type 6spd in a 67 camaro with a ls 6.0 motor in it....thanks
I had a tremec behind my first gen 350 and was able to reuse the bell housing. I had to get an LS flywheel and open up the holes on my pressure plate. You can get a hydraulic clutch setup, I decided to make my z bar work. My bigest hurdle was getting the mechanical clutch linkage to work because the late model LS blocks dont have the boss to accept the ball stud for the z bar. I had to make a plate that went from the block to the bell housing in order to attach the inside ball stud for the z bar. I have no experience with the 6 speed, but I do know they have hydraulic clutch systems, so you wont have to mess with the z bar. Good Luck!!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Kiesler engineering has everything you need to put the tremec behind your LS.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I run the TKO600 behind my 6.0L, and I also used my BBC bell, and mechanical clutch linkage.The only area of greif was #5 header tube was in the way of the clutch linkage. a little cutting/welding, and it was all good.

Quick Reply: 67 ls powered camaro with tremec or 6spd?