Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project esCamaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project esCamaro

Hi guys, im new to the site and just had a few questions on my conversion. I currently own a 69 Camaro SS with a SBC 350 and th350 tranny. So I've got everything I need(so far) for my LQ9 Conversion. I have a lot of questions! I have the whole truck - 6.0L LQ9 escalade engine running and in great condition.

Now what exactly could I take out and use other than the engine, wiring and ECU?

Can I use the rad, alternator, fuse boxes, gas pedal(throttle by wire)?
Or would I need to buy all that?

Can I keep the same Power steering pump? Gas tank? Fuel Pump?

LQ9 headers work?

Ignition?

Would there be a way to use the factory escalade key fobs on my camaro if I was to add power locks etc?

Would my current summit rad work for this?

Could the engine cover pieces be changed out for LS6 covers(just because they look MUCH better - i'd paint them to match the car anyways)?

Will my TH350 bolt up the LQ9?

How much would I be looking at from start to finish? - Only "other" mods I plan on doing are paint the fender wells and the firewall - suspension is already upgraded.

I am very eager and nervous about this conversion. I am planning on spending $2500 for labour - is that reasonable? or should I be expecting MUCH more?

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 PM

anyone?? the guys over at team camaro sent me over here.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

my friend... all your questions are on this site, just read some and you´ll figure your answers...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 250motorsportz
Hi guys, im new to the site and just had a few questions on my conversion. I currently own a 69 Camaro SS with a SBC 350 and th350 tranny. So I've got everything I need(so far) for my LQ9 Conversion. I have a lot of questions! I have the whole truck - 6.0L LQ9 escalade engine running and in great condition.

Now what exactly could I take out and use other than the engine, wiring and ECU?

LQ9 headers work?

Ignition?

Would there be a way to use the factory escalade key fobs on my camaro if I was to add power locks etc?

Could the engine cover pieces be changed out for LS6 covers(just because they look MUCH better - i'd paint them to match the car anyways)?

How much would I be looking at from start to finish? - Only "other" mods I plan on doing are paint the fender wells and the firewall - suspension is already upgraded.

I am very eager and nervous about this conversion. I am planning on spending $2500 for labour - is that reasonable? or should I be expecting MUCH more?

Thanks!

Depends on what you are trying to do, and your skill level. I'd deffinately take the PCM, Wiring harness, All of the accessories, I'd keep the Radiator, fuel lines, tank, pump, Gauge cluster ECt....

Maybe, yes, yes, yes

Yes, maybe, maybe

LQ9 headers work?

I don't know

Ignition?

Yes

Sure, how good are you at wiring and reading factory schematics?

maybe, you'd have to figure out hoses, and hose sizes

Yes, but I don't know if they will fit with the truck intake manifold, are you planning on changing to the car style intake?

Yes, search this forum for the specifics

depends on how much work you are doing yourself, and how "Prepared" you are... That question noone here can answer.... I've been working on my 70 chevelle LS2 swap for about 2 months now, and I haven't even gotten the engine placement set yet.... Lots of trail and a whole lot more Error...

I did the same thing with a 2006 GTO. I kept everything that I though I "Might" need for my Chevelle swap, We're talking ANYTHING I might need. Here's a short list of all of the stuff I kept from my GTO. Engine, Trans, All accessories, complete engine, and body wiring harness, all three pedals, Both clutch and brake master cyl's, and the booster, Steering column, HVAC, Radiator (Damaged) Fans and shroud, Power steering lines, Gauge cluster, complete exhaust, fuel tank, pump, fuel lines, brake lines, even the stock GTO shifter which i know i'll never use, but still have...

Steve
Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deserttaco

Depends on what you are trying to do, and your skill level. I'd deffinately take the PCM, Wiring harness, All of the accessories, I'd keep the Radiator, fuel lines, tank, pump, Gauge cluster ECt....

Maybe, yes, yes, yes

Yes, maybe, maybe

LQ9 headers work?

I don't know

Ignition?

Yes

Sure, how good are you at wiring and reading factory schematics?

maybe, you'd have to figure out hoses, and hose sizes

Yes, but I don't know if they will fit with the truck intake manifold, are you planning on changing to the car style intake?

Yes, search this forum for the specifics

depends on how much work you are doing yourself, and how "Prepared" you are... That question noone here can answer.... I've been working on my 70 chevelle LS2 swap for about 2 months now, and I haven't even gotten the engine placement set yet.... Lots of trail and a whole lot more Error...

I did the same thing with a 2006 GTO. I kept everything that I though I "Might" need for my Chevelle swap, We're talking ANYTHING I might need. Here's a short list of all of the stuff I kept from my GTO. Engine, Trans, All accessories, complete engine, and body wiring harness, all three pedals, Both clutch and brake master cyl's, and the booster, Steering column, HVAC, Radiator (Damaged) Fans and shroud, Power steering lines, Gauge cluster, complete exhaust, fuel tank, pump, fuel lines, brake lines, even the stock GTO shifter which i know i'll never use, but still have...

Steve

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this guy is a douchebag, dont listen to him

Quick Reply: Project esCamaro