Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW pedal in Nova

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DBW pedal in Nova

Are most people making a bracket for the DBW gas pedal? or mounting right to the firewall. If anyone has a pic of what they did please share! Especialy, if it is a 3rd gen Nova or 1st gen Camaro.
Thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1985 Jaguar XJ6 and I put mine right on the firewall... sort of. I sandwiched together two 3/8" thick pieces of aluminum plate and put them up against the firewall/wheel house area and then put the bracket on that. The aluminum pushes the pedal out a little farther to a more comfortable position, and it lets me get to full throttle without interfering with the carpet. Its stiffness will keep the pedal assembly from flexing on the steel wheelhouse area (which isn't all that thick) and keep that area from prematurely wearing out.

I used two bolts with nuts, washers and lock washers to mount everything up. I also smeared gasket sealer on both sides of the bolt heads in the wheelhouse to keep them from taking on water and rusting. The pedal I installed is from a 1998 Corvette.

Originally Posted by crosstraining
Are most people making a bracket for the DBW gas pedal? or mounting right to the firewall. If anyone has a pic of what they did please share!
Attached Thumbnails DBW pedal in Nova-img_1579smallest.jpg  
Old 08-28-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastKat
I have a 1985 Jaguar XJ6 and I put mine right on the firewall... sort of. I sandwiched together two 3/8" thick pieces of aluminum plate and put them up against the firewall/wheel house area and then put the bracket on that. The aluminum pushes the pedal out a little farther to a more comfortable position, and it lets me get to full throttle without interfering with the carpet. Its stiffness will keep the pedal assembly from flexing on the steel wheelhouse area (which isn't all that thick) and keep that area from prematurely wearing out.

I used two bolts with nuts, washers and lock washers to mount everything up. I also smeared gasket sealer on both sides of the bolt heads in the wheelhouse to keep them from taking on water and rusting. The pedal I installed is from a 1998 Corvette.
Thanks FastKat. Good pic and description. I think that is what I will do.
You are always helpful! That was your 1,500th post!!!!
Oh, I just saw your other post, so this was likely your 1,499th post
Old 08-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a bracket that I welded to the firewall inside the car. I went through a lot of effort to smooth the outside of the firewall so I didn't want anything visible from under the hood. I welded nuts to the mouting plate so the pedalit can easiliy be removed / installed if ever necessary.

You can go to my images in my album to see what the backet looks like as well as the original pedal that I installed on the GTO DBW unit I used. I was going for an orginal look inside so I wanted to retain the 67 pedal.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a bracket and bolted it to the firewall.Will post pics tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Me too..

Originally Posted by Blue67LS2
I made a bracket that I welded to the firewall inside the car. I went through a lot of effort to smooth the outside of the firewall so I didn't want anything visible from under the hood. I welded nuts to the mouting plate so the pedalit can easiliy be removed / installed if ever necessary.
When you make the mount, BE SURE you do not put the pedal in a bind by putting it on an uneven surface. It can be distorted so badly that the electronics will go to $hit.....

Quick Reply: DBW pedal in Nova