Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another fan/relay wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another fan/relay wiring question

Guy's this is what I've got,08 trailblazer LS2,harness reworked by speartech,and trying to use my old 95 LT1 fans.The harness has two pink and black wires and a green(low speed I think) and blue for high speed(I think),now on the left fan one blue wire and a black,the right fan has a white and a black,here's the problem I'm a idiot when it comes to wiring, especially relays,I have a five pin relay that I've been using just to see if I can get the left fan running with no results.I've gone through numerous threads here about wiring up fans,i guess to many because I'm more confused than ever,I know it should be pretty simple and im probably making it harder than it should be,can some one put me in the right direction on this,btw if I do get the one fan running i take it that it's going to take two or three relays wired together to make both fans work like they are desind to.THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Have you asked John @ Speartech??
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea talked to Jon briefly yesterday,going to give him another call today.THANKS!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default fan relay

i cant remember who, but i saw a great write up fan relays on this site. on my set up, i wired the fans as such:30-to battery hot(with fuse lead). if fuse blows, relay wil not work:87-to fan#1 or fan #2 red/blue. the black wire on the fan should be ground:85-to wire harness. pcm will send ground signal(in harness) when fans reach a certain temperature:86 to ground. if this were the fuel pump, 30 & 87 would remain the same:85-ground:86-harness. pcm sends a hot signal for the fuel pump. hope this helps. it took me alot to figure this out. if this does not work call speartech. ive heard john is good to business with.

Quick Reply: Another fan/relay wiring question