Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

@#$%^&*#@!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default @#$%^&*#@!

hello ls1tech fam. i @#$$%& my new paint job. nuetral safety was not included in my harness. how can i incorporate/fix this in a simple easy way? im open for some ideas. thanks in advance. please dont ask me how the
@#!%$& up was done.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can run your starter solenoid wire, or the wire that activates starter solenoid relay (if you have one) through the NSS on your transmission. It's really not that hard. I think pretty much all transmissions have one.

What kind of car (year/model) and transmission do you have? I can give you some more detailed info if I know what you're working on.

Originally Posted by dec010974
hello ls1tech fam. i @#$$%& my new paint job. nuetral safety was not included in my harness. how can i incorporate/fix this in a simple easy way? im open for some ideas. thanks in advance. please dont ask me how the
@#!%$& up was done.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

What engine, computer, and tranny are you running?

My TH400 does not have a neutral safety switch built in. It's incorporated into the shifting mechanism on the car. In my case on my '70 Nova the neutral safety switch was part of the colum shifting mechanism and linked into the ignition switch. When I went to an aftermarket shifter (Hurst quarter stick), I had to buy and install a neutral safety switch for that shifter and wire it into where the old one was. It should be inline with the ignition switch so when you turn to the "start" position, you get no signal to the starter without the tranny in neutral or park.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default setup

sorry for the stupidity. my current setup is a 5.3/4l60e in a '87 c10. i have a truck mega shifter in the floor. so to keep the engine from starting, wiring it to the starter solenoid? a bud of mine was trying to explain PRiNDL to me but my anger was clogging my brain cells. fastkat r u talking 'bout VSS. thebandit that idea may work. thanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dec010974
sorry for the stupidity. my current setup is a 5.3/4l60e in a '87 c10. i have a truck mega shifter in the floor. so to keep the engine from starting, wiring it to the starter solenoid? a bud of mine was trying to explain PRiNDL to me but my anger was clogging my brain cells. fastkat r u talking 'bout VSS. thebandit that idea may work. thanks.
If its a tranny from a truck, there should be a switck on the side of it but the shift shaft.
I there is, does it have one large plug or 2 plugs?

Quick Reply: @#$%^&*#@!