Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for VSS Pics in 4x4 4L60E setups.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for VSS Pics in 4x4 4L60E setups.

Anybody have some close up shots of how a VSS was mounted in the stock transfer case adapter? I'm bolting up a NP231C so it bolts right on to the back of my existing donor trans but I need to add VSS on the input side.

Any pics of where to machine the stock adapter for the VSS threads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Check the 5.3 thread on Pirate. There are several pictures of custom built setups for the VSS between the trans and tcase. Most however, just use the Novak or AA adapter cone that is setup for the VSS. Some of us, myself included are using a 241C and a 4wd tune in the computer with a micro switch to indicate 4LO and then placing the VSS in the tail cone of the TCase.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm trying not to spend $500 for an adapter plus more $ at a trans shop to swap in their output shaft if I can avoid it. Also been to the 5.3 thread on Pirate a hundred times now and can't seem to find a machined factory adapter pic.

I'm installing a 5.3 / 4L60E mated to a Hybrid NP231 Tcase. I used the front half of a NP231C from an S10 and the back half of the NP231J from my Wrangler. Doing this allowed me to bolt right up to the stock 4x4 4L60E adapter and keep my driveshafts stock in the Jeep. Doing it this way, I get to keep the Stock Jeep VSS (at the output shaft of the t case) so I can use the factory speedo too.

For this setup, I would prefer to run a 2wd tune and put the VSS in the Stock GM 4L60E Adapter Housing.

I know I've seen the pictures somewhere on the web where the factory adapter was machined to accept the GM VSS but I cannot seem to find them again. I wish I'd saved them when I was looking at them.

Thanks, Ken
Old 09-09-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nevermind....

After about a hundred searches I finally found the thread I was talking about. This guy took lots of nice photos.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...735270&page=22
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeepnut24
Some of us, myself included are using a 241C and a 4wd tune in the computer with a micro switch to indicate 4LO and then placing the VSS in the tail cone of the TCase.
I take it this works well? Does it do anything funny when you're in 4Lo?

I have both WOT and part throttle tables for 4Lo in the tune I'm working on, so if you are EFILive and would like to tweak shift points, I can attach the .CAX file for you (that is if you haven't already found it)

Quick Reply: Looking for VSS Pics in 4x4 4L60E setups.