Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 240sx LS1....so close need help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1995 240sx LS1....so close need help.

First and foremost a little background:
Ok so I'm in the thick of getting the wiring done for my brother's 95 240sx and need a little guidance. The wiring/pcm is from a 2000 WS6. I'm just trying to get the motor to start before I even start integrating tach, speedo, MIL etc. This is what I have done as far as wiring goes:

1. Hooked up 2 pink wires to the black/red wire on F3 plug - pin 1.
2. Added a Painless fuse/relay kit for the other 3 pink wires.
3. Hooked up the C102 thick purple wire to the black/yellow on the s14 lower harness.
4. Hooked up the LS1 orange wire to the red wire on F3 plug - pin 9
5. Grounded blk/white H wire on LS1 connector c101 to motor.
6. Hooked up dk green/white D wire on LS1 connector to black/pink wire on F3 plug - pin 27
7. Extended the starter and alternator power connectors on the s14 lower harness to connect to the LS1 starter and alternator.
8. Used the s14 lower harness to connect to battery.
9. Modified the fuel pump relay

The car turns over but does not start. I doubled checked the wiring and everything was good so I figured I would try some starting fluid since the motor has been sitting for about a year. I sprayed some inside the TB and it turned over and it fired up for a split second. If I hold the TB open and continuously spray starting fluid the motor will fire up and run(not well obviously).

This leads me to believe that there is a fuel problem. The fuel pump primes when I turn the key to the on position. I am running a corvette fpr and I assume it is hooked up properly since the fuel rail does pressurize. So then I thought maybe the injectors were clogged because the motor was sitting for so long. I pulled a few injectors off a spare motor I have and still nothing. So I pulled the rail off with the injectors intact and still connected to the harness. I tried starting it to see if they would spray any fuel and they did not. Not sure what the normal behavior would be for an LS1 but I assume it should spray when cranking.

The O2 sensors are not connected but I doubt this would cause this.

I don't have f14/15 and fg on the s14 harness grounded. Not sure if this could be the problem. The s14 harness I got for free was cut right at the part where the injector clips start so I have no idea what they are.

I'm sooo close. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Sorry if I added to much 240sx specific information when describing the wiring.

Last edited by blueshark123; 09-10-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What have you done for VATS? It sounds like that is your culprit, unless you have already turned it off with tuning software or bypassed it with a VATS bypass module. The symptoms you explain are exactly what the PCM will do if it doesnt sense the VATS signal on the Dark Blue wire @ pin 30 on the C2 connector.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02NavyBlueZ
What have you done for VATS? It sounds like that is your culprit, unless you have already turned it off with tuning software or bypassed it with a VATS bypass module. The symptoms you explain are exactly what the PCM will do if it doesnt sense the VATS signal on the Dark Blue wire @ pin 30 on the C2 connector.
Forgot to mention that VATS is disabled.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotcha! I would say next step would be to take a multi-meter and make sure you are getting voltage to your injectors and coils while cranking. The pink wires @ each coil & injector should get 12v while cranking. If they are getting power with the ignition on but not while cranking then you need to swtich the wire to a ignition source that stays powered while cranking...

Also double check all your grounds in the harness and at the PCM. Pins 1 & 40 @ both the C1 and C2 connector @ the PCM need to be grounded.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02NavyBlueZ
Gotcha! I would say next step would be to take a multi-meter and make sure you are getting voltage to your injectors and coils while cranking. The pink wires @ each coil & injector should get 12v while cranking. If they are getting power with the ignition on but not while cranking then you need to swtich the wire to a ignition source that stays powered while cranking...

Also double check all your grounds in the harness and at the PCM. Pins 1 & 40 @ both the C1 and C2 connector @ the PCM need to be grounded.
Yes all injectors and coils are def getting voltage.

If you are referring to wire H on the C101 connector and wire E on the C220 connector then yes.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Figured it out. Crank angle sensor wasn't plugged in lol

Quick Reply: 1995 240sx LS1....so close need help.