Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with my harness. Pics

Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with my harness. Pics

I'm running a 2001 Silverado 4.8 LR4 in a 1984 Corvette chassis. I'm using a 2000 Silverado gage cluster. I have an engine harness that is cut where it goes into the firewall. I have a few pics I think I found most of the wires that go to the cluster. I think they are the ones I have twisted together sticking below. But I can't find tan/white in there and there are about 8 orange wires and some other duplicates.

I don't have the right pigtail for the cluster but I have one from a Bonneville that plugs right in. I also have the wiring diagram for the Silverado. How are the pins numbered?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Thinking I should cut the stock fuse block out of the harness and use the Corvette fuses. Is this the right way to go?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would use the corvette box, but your going to need to document every wire you cut somehow.

Are the connections to the pcm still intact? With the harness schematic you should be able to ohm out the wires till you find which you need for the dash.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Marcello7x
I would use the corvette box, but your going to need to document every wire you cut somehow.

Are the connections to the pcm still intact? With the harness schematic you should be able to ohm out the wires till you find which you need for the dash.
Yes, pcm connectors intact. I think I have a complete underhood harness but nothing going into the cab (cut at firewall).
Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Theres only a couple of important wires going into the cab, they end up cut off of the connectors anyways, its just going to take a little longer to track them down. To get the motor started its a bunch of pink wires, then power and gnd for the pcm, and then your fuel pump relay and fan stuff i believe. For the cluster things get tricky.

I needed a cheap dash cluster untill i could put some spare cash aside for my autometer gauges. Well it turns out its more hassle then its worth. You are better off with after-market gauges connected to their own senders. The pcm needs water temp, oil temp isn't needed so you can swap that sender with the after-market one. Thats all i have for now. There is a thread on after-market gauges. I will be going through the rest in a month or so if i get to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with my harness. Pics