Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default spark plugs question

has anyone heard of using a small amount of anti seize on spark plug threads?

I have an aluminum engine in a yamaha wave runner. Wisdom with them is that you put anti seize on the plugs to make them not corrode to the aluminum engine head.

I just took my plugs out and they were a little tough to get out all of the way. They were the original plugs for the engine.

I also know you need a special anti seize for aluminum and not the regular anti seize. I think it has copper or something the regular one does not have.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've used anti seize on spark plug threads (and other stuff with dissimilar metals or high heat situations) for years and haven't had one that was hard to get out since. Just remember a very small bit goes a long way on a spark plug and you still need a good contact. I bought a big tube at a chain parts house ages ago and haven't run out yet.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always use in on spark plug.. alum or iron heads. It just makes it easier to removed them later on with it is time. And yes.. there are a few different type.. use any that you find that is recommened for your type of head/threads..

Like gofastwclass. I've used the same tube for about 5 years now and still have a lot left.. !

Quick Reply: spark plugs question