Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/4l80e swap won't start-injectors not firing

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4/4l80e swap won't start-injectors not firing

Trying to start my lq4 today and no luck!! i pulled plugs and it doesn't look like im getting fuel past the injectors.. i bled air out of fuel rail at schrader valve appears to have plenty of pressure... i checked one of the plug wires with an old plug to see if im getting fire and i am! Any ideas on what i need to check next???
Old 12-22-2010, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same exact problem on my LS1 in 69 camaro. Was hoping it was the VATS but had that turned off tonight and still nothing. I have fuel in the rail & has spark while cranking.. So I'm guessing the injectors are not firing. Maybe a crank or cam sensor issue?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

I swapped out my injectors this morning ... the first set i had in were stuck closed. I took them out and used a 9v battery to see if they were clicking and they weren't i had a couple in my 2nd set that i had to blow some compressed air in from the engine side to get them cleared up. Hope this helps you out
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did it start up after you did this? My injectors are new, but have been sitting about a year
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Yeah i bled air out of line and it fired up on first try after swapping injectors. Make sure you have power on your injectors. On the harness i have the pink wire was constant 12v and the other signal is the ground signal to fire from ecm. You can unplug your injector and put power to it from another source and it should click i used a 9v batt and a piece of wire with some alligator clips if they are stuck you can soak them in some sea foam and they should break free with the help of some air and power

Quick Reply: LQ4/4l80e swap won't start-injectors not firing