Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 5.3 s10

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 5.3 s10

Ok here we go. This is a complete swap, but always in the works. It started as a 1996 s10 ext cab with a 4.3 and 4l60e. Drove stock for almost 2 years, then the mods started. Started by dropping it 2"/3" with spindles and blocks. Then came the first gen S10 ZQ8 wheels and the tint, and swapped grille and headlights to blazer set up. Then the fun mods.....the 5.3 and 4l60e. Swapped a fully stock 5.3 form 2003 Chevy Avalanche and a 4l60e form my buds 98 Z28 with a mean shift kit.
This thing is nothing special just a budget minded swap. We used as many 4.3 parts as poss. We also built the harness using lt1swap.com. We used a walbro 255 pump. We also deleted the a/c and the power steering just to make things a little easier. Want only the things it took to make it run. During all this we also removed the abs and the air bags. We used the factory dbw throttle body with cruise control.

The engine ready to meet its new home

The truck before the swap.

Three hours after the start

Frame cleaned and painted ready for engine. This was the night after the last pics.

And the truck 6 hours after starting the swap. This is where the fast pace work stopped.

Walbro 255 pump installed.

The engine mounted and started runnig some stuff.

Milled the factory temp sensor down form 1/2"npt to 12mm to fit in the pass head.

Mounted 16"electric fan and summit overflow tank

Had to frankinstien the gas pedal to fit. I used DBW.

Got the truck back together with just wiring left.

This is a first for ls1tech.com i would say
Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Well now that i got the build part done, here are the parts that are being installed soon. A powertrax locker, +2qt transmission pan and adding temp gauge, relocating the batter to the bed and msd wires with boot protectors.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Launching!

very nice work!
you will be happy i think.
i did a lq4 6.0 liter, then added nitrous, and now is being turbo'd.
Attached Thumbnails 1996 5.3 s10-small.jpg   1996 5.3 s10-lp.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Updates?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Launching!

What radiator did you use for that swap? Factory? How's it for keeping cool in traffic with the electric fan?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

What was the part number for the walbro pump you used and could you send me some pictures. All i see is red x's.
Thanks
Old 04-03-2017, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by 96ls10
Ok here we go. This is a complete swap, but always in the works. It started as a 1996 s10 ext cab with a 4.3 and 4l60e. Drove stock for almost 2 years, then the mods started. Started by dropping it 2"/3" with spindles and blocks. Then came the first gen S10 ZQ8 wheels and the tint, and swapped grille and headlights to blazer set up. Then the fun mods.....the 5.3 and 4l60e. Swapped a fully stock 5.3 form 2003 Chevy Avalanche and a 4l60e form my buds 98 Z28 with a mean shift kit.
This thing is nothing special just a budget minded swap. We used as many 4.3 parts as poss. We also built the harness using lt1swap.com. We used a walbro 255 pump. We also deleted the a/c and the power steering just to make things a little easier. Want only the things it took to make it run. During all this we also removed the abs and the air bags. We used the factory dbw throttle body with cruise control.

The engine ready to meet its new home

The truck before the swap.

Three hours after the start

Frame cleaned and painted ready for engine. This was the night after the last pics.

And the truck 6 hours after starting the swap. This is where the fast pace work stopped.

Walbro 255 pump installed.

The engine mounted and started runnig some stuff.

Milled the factory temp sensor down form 1/2"npt to 12mm to fit in the pass head.

Mounted 16"electric fan and summit overflow tank

Had to frankinstien the gas pedal to fit. I used DBW.

Got the truck back together with just wiring left.

This is a first for ls1tech.com i would say

Hi I'm currently trying to do an ls swap on a 96 S10. I'm having trouble trying to find out how to hook the LS harness into the trucks harness such as the C100 plug. I'm needing the pinout for that plug and any other plug that u think I may need to tie into. Could you please help me out?
Old 04-04-2017, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnie Rice
Hi I'm currently trying to do an ls swap on a 96 S10. I'm having trouble trying to find out how to hook the LS harness into the trucks harness such as the C100 plug. I'm needing the pinout for that plug and any other plug that u think I may need to tie into. Could you please help me out?
The OP of this thread hasnt logged in since 2011 so hes prob not gonna answer.

I dont have an answer for you, but i will say you might get more help creating a new thread instead of bringing 1 back up thats 6-7 years old.

I can tell you the wiring isnt bad, go buy a haynes manual for your truck and it should have the schematics in it. Alot of other useful stuff in it too. Then go to lt1swap.com the engine side

Quick Reply: 1996 5.3 s10