Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project 87 t top

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently working on my project car to hopefully someday get it in a position to be able to drive it and enjoy it. Old motor and tranny combo proved to be disheartening because problem after problem. Motor was a 306 with mp70 on3 kit and supposed built AOD. Wrong decision on the tranny, now moving to a 5.3 truck long block and th400 and will be adapting the on3 kit to work on the ls motor. Done a lot of research and found a lot of answers to many of my questions. I will post pics of the build so far soon. Right now i am working on a altenator bracket that locates a stock fox 3g altenator about level with the water pump pulley. Still in the fabrication phases but its coming along. Only plans to the motor are to put ls9 head gaskets and head studs. Motors are cheap enough so thats a plus. Really only parts left needed are gaskets and fuel stuff.

So far the only question that i have is on the wiring harness. I have a pcm from a 99 vette that has a tune on it from a previous owner. The harness that i have is from a 2000 silverado. Its a red blue connector harness. Since i am using the 99 vette 6 spd pcm do i need to repin the harness to match the vettes pinouts?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody got any input on the harness issue? Also I know a lot of people are using the brp mounts to mount the ls into the stock k member. Are there any other choices. I found a few but didnt bookmark the pages so I have to find them again. Using a stock upr 50 kmember. Thanks

Quick Reply: Project 87 t top