Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a 3" duel exhaust with X pipe for my LSX/buick please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
If you will go to Pypes website, you'll find the 3" that exit like a GN.
can u send me the link??

i called pypes a month ago, they told me its a no-go with a 3" over the axle and rear tire side exit like a GN
Old 02-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

http://www.torquetechexh.com/gmtailpipekits.htm

http://www.taperformance.com/products.asp?cat=256
Old 02-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Launching!

I dont think those are stainless
Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Launching!

i want stainless tail pipes

Pypes told me they have 3" X pipe 3" pro mufflers everything 3" from my headers to the mufflers, but they only have 2.5" GN/Regal tail pipes, weird i know but that what they tell me, the guy said he can make me up a kit with everything 3" except the tail pipes, and he said if i want the 2.5" tail pipes he said he wll give me reducer adaptors , so ill have 3" out mufflers with onlt 2.5 tails,

How do u think this will work??, someone allready told me that the exhaust pulse cools and slows down by the time it makes it to the mufflers , which is very true, but IDK i think with the power i am going to make a 3" full duel exhaust will only help
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
i want stainless tail pipes

Pypes told me they have 3" X pipe 3" pro mufflers everything 3" from my headers to the mufflers, but they only have 2.5" GN/Regal tail pipes, weird i know but that what they tell me, the guy said he can make me up a kit with everything 3" except the tail pipes, and he said if i want the 2.5" tail pipes he said he wll give me reducer adaptors , so ill have 3" out mufflers with onlt 2.5 tails,

How do u think this will work??, someone allready told me that the exhaust pulse cools and slows down by the time it makes it to the mufflers , which is very true, but IDK i think with the power i am going to make a 3" full duel exhaust will only help
I was faced with a similar situation in that T/A Performance was the only company I could find that has the proper tailpipe design for Buicks in 3". I wanted stainless, but the companies that make them basically give you Chevelle tailpipes which are straight to the bumper. This is incorrect for Buicks and looks hideous. So, I chose the 3" aluminized for the tail pipes.

I have heard this theory before that the exhaust cools so 3" tails are not necessary at certain horsepower levels. What horsepower level that this is exactly I do not know. However, I have never seen any tests on 500+ HP cars that prove this theory at that power level.

The problem I have with the theory is that while the exhaust certainly cools and takes up less space, it also gets more dense. Matter is not created or destroyed, so the weight of the spent gases will remain the same from one end of the system to the other. Spastic extrapolation theory aside, I would want to see real world test at my desired power level before I was convinced.

The only back to back test I have ever done was on the Nova in the video below. The car engine dyno'd at 507 HP. We ran this car with muffler shop 2 1/2" dual exhaust, then we replaced it with 3" Torque Tech Exhaust with the same Flowmaster mufflers and it went from 12.20s to 11.90s. Here is a drag strip video after the 3" exhaust was installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRNqSB3b1tw
Old 02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Launching!

This is retarded, they build a 3" all the way to the mufflers, and they have 3" tail pipes to the bumper , but they dont make 3" to the side exit rear tire,

Pypes said to me if i want to do a 50 run then i could get them, Ok ill buy 50 of them , lol
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go

http://www.torquetechexh.com/
Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Thank you but i dont think they are stainless??

Quick Reply: I need a 3" duel exhaust with X pipe for my LSX/buick please help