Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with first startup codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help with first startup codes

This is an LY6/4l80e in a 69 camaro with a painless gen 4 harness and the factory ecm/tcm programmed by Vengeance. VVt is deleted with a compcam and valvetrain upgrades.

First Start Attempt:

I had good fuel pressure, but no spark. I ran to advance, picked up a $50 scanner and ended up with 4 codes:

P0010 camshaft position actuator A bank 1 circuit malfunction

I figure this might have to do with vvt not being there.

P0315 crankshaft position system variation not learned

Does this mean it doesn't know where the crankshaft is?? This I guess is why it didn't fire but I'm not sure.

P0452 evap....
P0463 fuel level sensor A circuit high input

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like they messed up the tune due to those codes still being active. as for the P0315
PCM has the Crank sensor loaded in a different position and need's to be reset.

CKP System Variation procedure is needed to compensate for minor variations in manufacturing tolerances that might alter the relationship of the crankshaft position sensor to the reluctor wheel, possibly resulting in a false misfire DTC and MIL illumination.

CKP positions must be relearned when any of these parts are removed or replaced:

*CKP sensor
*Front cover or bracket holding the crankshaft position sensor
*Target wheel (reluctor)
*Crankshaft
*Engine block
*Engine assembly
*PCM

The crankshaft position system variation learning feature is used to calculate reference period errors caused by slight tolerance variations in the crankshaft, the crankshaft balancer interrupter rings, and the crankshaft position sensor Hall Effect switches. The calculated error allows the PCM to accurately compensate for reference period variations. The crankshaft position system variation learning feature enhances the ability of the PCM to detect misfire events over a wider range of engine speed and load.

The crankshaft position system variation values are stored in the PCM non-volatile memory after the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure has been performed. DTC P0315 set indicates that the crankshaft position system variation values have not been stored in the PCM and the crankshaft position system variation learn procedure must be performed. The learn procedure is required after the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether or not a DTC is set:

*PCM replacement
*Engine replacement
*Crankshaft replacement
*Crankshaft balancer replacement
*Crankshaft position sensor replacement
*Any engine repair(s) which disturbs the crankshaft/harmonic balancer to crankshaft position sensor relationship

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

*The PCM will turn the MIL “OFF” during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic has been run and passed.

*The history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a malfunction.

*The DTC can be cleared by using the Scan Tool Clear Info function or by disconnecting the PCM battery feed on some models.

If a PCM is swapped from one vehicle into another, the CKP position variation must be relearned also (unless the PCM will be returned to the original vehicle). If a PCM is swapped without a CKP learn, the P0315 will not set and it is possible that a misfire DTC in the P0300 group might later set falsely. This is due to an incorrect CKP position value being stored in the PCM and being used in misfire calculation.

CKP variation is only relearned with a scan tool. It does not relearn “by itself.”

1.Make sure no DTCs are set. If DTCs
are set, service them before performing the procedure.

2.The service brake must be firmly applied and the transmission in Park for an automatic or Neutral for a manual.

3.A/C must be “OFF” and the hood closed.

4.At this point, use the scan tool and select CASE Learn:

5.Open the accelerator to the CASE fuel cutoff speed and release it as soon as the PCM cuts off the fuel and the engine begins to decelerate.

6.The scan tool will identify when the procedure is complete.

A dealer will beable to do the case learn,just make sure they dont FLASH it or you will lose the reprogram and it will be set back to stock.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I've done some searching, and it seems that others are still running with this code. Maybe I have other problems too.

Quick Reply: Please help with first startup codes