Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Conversion Headers No More??!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Conversion Headers No More??!!!

Hopefully I am not living under a rock but went to order a set of long tubes for my 64 skylark ls1 and edelbrock is telling me they discontinued all conversion headers anyone have any suggestions?? Dougs?? Stainless works? Crappy part is I have a Milodon kick out oil pan based on Edelbrocks conversion and was centered around these headers and plates being used. vI know Hookers state they wont fit the kick out oil pans.. agghh!! Someone help
Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SkylarkLS1
Hopefully I am not living under a rock but went to order a set of long tubes for my 64 skylark ls1 and edelbrock is telling me they discontinued all conversion headers anyone have any suggestions?? Dougs?? Stainless works? Crappy part is I have a Milodon kick out oil pan based on Edelbrocks conversion and was centered around these headers and plates being used. vI know Hookers state they wont fit the kick out oil pans.. agghh!! Someone help
Is that rock a 1 story or two story......lol

Bozz
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry Charlie, Edelbrock closed the header shop!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird, what is happening at Edelbrock?? Im an Olds guy and they announced an Air Gap for big block olds almost 2 years ago, and its still not out. What gives??
Old 03-26-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
Weird, what is happening at Edelbrock?? Im an Olds guy and they announced an Air Gap for big block olds almost 2 years ago, and its still not out. What gives??
Its the Depression.... opps my bad, ression........

Tough to invest in the hobby when gas is $4 a gal. and milk rising......
All of these company's are quote on quote trimming the fat... instead of making 4x the profit they are only making 2-3 times the profit......
The sad part about it is jobs are cut too even though they are still making 2-3 times the profit....... And with most of these companies selling out and other companies are buying them out becoming conglomerates that lowers competition, in turn drives up the prices in the hobby.... No competition in the market, then you can set prices.

Not trying to get too political but just think what the economy would be like if instead of bailing out big business for their fugg ups and corporate parachutes, if they would have given every working American(that meet a certain criteria) at least $10,000-$20,000 actual hard cash vs subjective tax credits? A lot of guys would have their cars complete by now......We would see a lot of 1 month conversions vs the 6mos-1year swaps....lol

Some folks would save, but most would spend that money and boost economic and consumer spending........ It would have been a trickle down effect, consumers spend, companies make more money, sell more goods, need more employees to hire to make the goods, and so on........

Bozzhawg for President 2012....lol

Bozz
Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bozzhawg
Its the Depression.... opps my bad, ression........

Tough to invest in the hobby when gas is $4 a gal. and milk rising......
All of these company's are quote on quote trimming the fat... instead of making 4x the profit they are only making 2-3 times the profit......
The sad part about it is jobs are cut too even though they are still making 2-3 times the profit....... And with most of these companies selling out and other companies are buying them out becoming conglomerates that lowers competition, in turn drives up the prices in the hobby.... No competition in the market, then you can set prices.

Not trying to get too political but just think what the economy would be like if instead of bailing out big business for their fugg ups and corporate parachutes, if they would have given every working American(that meet a certain criteria) at least $10,000-$20,000 actual hard cash vs subjective tax credits? A lot of guys would have their cars complete by now......We would see a lot of 1 month conversions vs the 6mos-1year swaps....lol

Some folks would save, but most would spend that money and boost economic and consumer spending........ It would have been a trickle down effect, consumers spend, companies make more money, sell more goods, need more employees to hire to make the goods, and so on........

Bozzhawg for President 2012....lol

Bozz
You can have saved yourself a lot of typing and simply typed out "corporate greed." Sums it all up pretty well.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RATBOX
You can have saved yourself a lot of typing and simply typed out "corporate greed." Sums it all up pretty well.
Actually it's more "Washington Greed". Spending money we don't have, on countrys that don't like us, on causes that are unneeded, restrictive energy policies, putting in policies that favor their donors (i.e. GE $5B+ in US profits and no taxes - now CEO is Job Czar), taxing us all in an attempt to pay for their greed and still having to borrow from countrys that don't like us, basically selling us down the river.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Conversion Headers No More??!!!