Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 ECM to LS1 intake & harness compatability

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 ECM to LS1 intake & harness compatability

OK, Still learning here so go easy, I have asked a few questions before on this and I have a few more. I have a 2001 5.3 ot of a Tahoe with the harness and all the other pieces that go along with it. Heres the deal, I switched to a LS1 intake manifold with the throttle body,injectors,misc. I am looking at changing to a true LS1 wiring harness and I wanted to know if the ECM out of the 5.3 will work. I understand that is going to need to be flashed anyway but does the harness itself plug into the 5.3 ECM out of the Tahoe? I have been looking at the TECHRODS wiring harness on Ebay any feedback on that company? Please let me know. Thanks for the help & support!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

it would work if you change the injector plugs. trucks are different then the cars. besides that everything else should work the same. although you have to wire add pins for fans if you want them to run off the truck harness.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes it will work. The injectors will be different (EV1 vs. Multec) as well as map sensor location (back of intake vs. top for truck intake) so you would go with an LS1 style harness and use your PCM tuned to acccomodate any changes (yes it will plug in). We have harnesses for this application and are currently offering free shipping to LS1TECH.COM members if you are interested.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Teching In

pm sent!
Originally Posted by psiconversion
Yes it will work. The injectors will be different (EV1 vs. Multec) as well as map sensor location (back of intake vs. top for truck intake) so you would go with an LS1 style harness and use your PCM tuned to acccomodate any changes (yes it will plug in). We have harnesses for this application and are currently offering free shipping to LS1TECH.COM members if you are interested.

Quick Reply: 5.3 ECM to LS1 intake & harness compatability