Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick adj Clutch MC--ok to point down?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tick adj Clutch MC--ok to point down?

I bought a Tick clutch MC off of a board member that was a reasonably good deal. This is on my 71 Cutlass and I have a hydraboost brake setup.

Going to have to do a few things to get it to work. But first just wanted to show you the angle the MC goes down~about -45 deg. Is that ok? I know the stock GM goes down, just looks weird on a regular style MC like the tilton one the tick is based on.

If its acceptable to mount that way I'm going to have to do some work on the mill to mount the aluminum block to the the ATS style clutch mount I have; the threads to the aluminum block are different from the threads in the clutch mounting plate. Also, the aluminum block threads the bolts from the rear and there is no room to do that so I'll have to mill into the aluminum block to create a surface for a bolt to connect with the correct thread.

Also you can see the fill reservoir is a bit cramped coming out with the hose--any problems just rotating the whole reservoir from about the 7 oclock position to about 2 oclock position? The hose goes to the upper fill reservoir; would mount better on the firewall for me anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Tick adj Clutch MC--ok to point down?-tick-master.jpg  
Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Might be a bit more of a challange to bleed it, but one you do I would think you would be good to go.

Definitely crowded down there.

Now that I think about it with that much tilt you will lose some reservoir capacity. I don’t suppose that is enough tilt that you will uncover the MC intake on hard braking? At any rate a remote mount reservoir might not be a bad idea.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Might be a bit more of a challange to bleed it, but one you do I would think you would be good to go.

Definitely crowded down there.

Now that I think about it with that much tilt you will lose some reservoir capacity. I don’t suppose that is enough tilt that you will uncover the MC intake on hard braking? At any rate a remote mount reservoir might not be a bad idea.
I'm not sure I'm communicating with the right terminology. The MC has the reservoir you can see directly attached to the tilton housing, but it also has a remote mount reservior that feeds it thru the rubber hose you see coming out. I can mount it above; easier if I rotate the top of the reservoir housing on the MC.

And I do have the speed bleed kit tick sells; should be pretty easy w/upper reservoir where you fill easy to get at.

Quick Reply: Tick adj Clutch MC--ok to point down?