Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette regulator users

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default corvette regulator users

Getting ready to put my fuel system in as soon as I order my fuel line in a day or two, but I have a couple questions I need to get answered.

Seems like I'd have more stability in fuel pressure if I can get the vette regulator/filter as close to my fuel rails as possible. Am I correct and is it a lot safer idea as far as maintaining a consistent fuel pressure?

Also, what's the most HP anyone is running with this vette setup? I'm running 6an of course, and an Aeromotive 340 lph in tank pump and on N2o the motor will make just under/over 650whp. Is that way beyond the flow ability of the vette regulator?

I've seen people saying that this setup with the average 255 lph pump shouldn't exceed 500 hp. Is the limitation the vette regulator or the 255 pump?
I see quite a few people running a lot more hp than me on 6an line, so I can't imagine that being the limitation.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pump not fpr, I would suggest an adjustable fpr for that kinda hp for tunning purposes tho, the vette fpr will be sufficient. Just my opinion
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

From what I understand, the location of the regulator isn't going to make a huge difference. Factory cars put them anywhere - including in or near the tank because it's convenient, racers place adjustable regulators under hood for the same reason.

For your application I would make sure you have the math right for flow rate through your injectors and lines. Is your extra fuel for N2O runs going to come from the injectors or will it be a separate system entirely? This changes your fuel system needs and parts choices.

As for tuning, I wouldn't use an adjustable FPR beyond the "set and forget" method. Randomly changing fuel pressure alters flow rates which upsets the amount of fuel in the mix which effectively negates the tune. Doing this could put you too rich or too lean - no good. ...but I'm sure you knew that.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
From what I understand, the location of the regulator isn't going to make a huge difference. Factory cars put them anywhere - including in or near the tank because it's convenient, racers place adjustable regulators under hood for the same reason.

For your application I would make sure you have the math right for flow rate through your injectors and lines. Is your extra fuel for N2O runs going to come from the injectors or will it be a separate system entirely? This changes your fuel system needs and parts choices.

As for tuning, I wouldn't use an adjustable FPR beyond the "set and forget" method. Randomly changing fuel pressure alters flow rates which upsets the amount of fuel in the mix which effectively negates the tune. Doing this could put you too rich or too lean - no good. ...but I'm sure you knew that.
Good input thanka sir.

I'm running FAST rails and 42 lb. injectors, I think those are sufficient for my hp from what I can tell. The plan would be to split the fuel line with a T as it goes to the rail's inlet when I plumb my solenoids.
Also I have to agree on the adj FPR, I wouldn't see any need to change it unless I was boosted and had a need for massive tuning changes for different hp levels. Unless maybe I'd be shortchanging the rails on fuel pressure when the solenoid taxes the line?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone else have any input?

Quick Reply: corvette regulator users