Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with a TPS problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with a TPS problem

Hey guys i need help to try and figure out what is going on with my tps sensor I've got a 02 S10 Extreme with a LS2 in it with a current performance wiring harness 90mm fast intake 90mm fast throttle body and HP tuners . I had my tranny 4l65E built to a stage 3 a few weeks ago and my transmission guy says that my tps stays on 0 percent till the engine gets up to 17 to 18 hundred rpm in drive then it will move to 1 percent he says that the tranny will not shift right or performe right with it acting like that. I have changed the TPS with a new one and it still does the same thing with the new one. I evan put the one off my S10 on my 2000 silverado and checked it with my scanner and it works like it is suppose to on the silverado. Could it be something in the computer or tuning, Plese help.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

The 90mm fast throttle body is new and has no play in the shaft at all I have evan took a known good tps and cut the little tit off and slotted the bolt holes so i could advance it then when i tryed it it would start out on 5 pecent and would not go to 6 percent till i get up to 17 to 18 hundred rpm in drive after it starts to increase it works as it should. Any ideas on what is going on.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Have any of you ever seen this problem before?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

I took the tps off the throttle body today and tryed it with it in my hand and it seemed to work fine so, then I put the same tps on a stock throttle body with it pluged up to my truck and it would go to 1 percent if you evan thought about moving the throttle, so that told me that my computer, tps and the wiring was all good. It turned out to be that the shaft on the end of the 90mm fast throttle body is smaller than the shaft on a stock throttle body I wrapped the shaft on the fast with some tin foil and now it is working like it should if I move the throttle any it will go to 1 percent, have any of you ever had this problem with the fast TB . The throttle body had never been used when I bought it from a guy on LS1 tech 3 or 4 months ago. I may call fast tomorrow to see if is a flaw in the TB.

Quick Reply: Need help with a TPS problem