Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 PCM help please for a/c

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 PCM help please for a/c

I have a 66 chevy II with an 04 ls1 with standard acc drive and a/c compressor. It is controlled by a 98 f body ecu and loom. I have had a pressure transducer bung welded into hi pressure line and installed a refrigerant pressure transducer (ex 04 holden - same as GTO) to that bung and run wires back. I want ecu to control a/c functions and engine fan (which I was going to run off No: 1 fan signal) My question is - Am I ok to wire to ecu? I was reading a thread about variable displacement? compressors on 98 f bodies using a trinary switch instead of the pressure transducer used on the 04 gto that has made me hold off wiring this thing to ecu. I have decoded all the wiring diagrams necessary to do this but did not know about a variation in compressor types.

What temps does the 98 ecu turn on fans? We have hot summers here and I dont want overheating dramas.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

98 has a/c evap temp sensor & a/c refrigerant press sensor. Each share the 5v ref signal. Each use a separate ground. Evap temp sensor input returns to PCM. Press switch returns to PCM for compressor control. 98 PCM pin outs will show where each connects. There's no transducer.

98 PCM Fan #1 on 108*C Fan #2 on 112*C. These are too high for most of us. Can easily be changed. Mine run #1 86*C & #2 90*C.

If you don't have a tune modifier & don't want to pay a tuner, just add a manual switch/relay & turn 'em on when you want them on.