Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq9 wiring!!! Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq9 wiring!!! Help!!!!

Ok, heres the deal.. I have searched and searched and there are a millions threads out there I KNOW!! But every thread seems to be to complicated or it seems to alter off into there swaps and comments from other people. I cant take it anymore all its doing is confusing me.

So for a little information, I have an '84 Silverado. I have an 2005 LQ9 with a bout 150,000 miles on it with the original Harness, TAC Module and pedal. I recently picked up a 4L80e automatic trans.

I realize I have to get an adaptor harness to hook the 4L80 up to the LQ9, and that I will have to swap the trans tunes in HPTUNERS. I don't care about air conditioning or Emissions. All I care about is putting it in my truck and having it all run correctly and reliably. With that, I was wondering what needed to be done to the wiring harness. This is probably were everyone is like search and this goes back to the first part, of where I do and have been all the time, but its always for 5.3's or the wiring for 2001's or 2002's and even them it seems like they always stray from the subject. SO I was really hoping and asking what I need to do to my stock LQ9 harness to get it running. Diagrams??? Just a straight answer?? More simple the better obviously, but my dad will be doing the harness while I'm at school, and he just wants to send it out for 500, but obviously being in College I don't have 500 lol... SO a simple route to take here would be a huge help...

PLEASE!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Ok, for your harness go to lt1swap and look there. They have a harness diagram for an 04 or 05 lq9 (should be the same) it shows you in highlighted colors what pins to remove and which ones need to be used with your stock harness. It's not too complicated, just time consuming. I just did my 2003 LQ9 for my 240sx. Took me a couple days to do it all.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We have brand new harnesses for that application for $500. PM us if interested.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

PSI... Whats with the "index" that comes up with a clik on your website??
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Currently revamping entire shopping cart and all images. Taking a little longer than we wanted but good things come to those who wait (or so they say). Going to have much more information on the updated site as well in terms of free schematics and stuff to download. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jon

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Teching In

If I am running an electronic trans "4L80" do I still delete the trans wires in the blue and green connectors??
Old 05-28-2011, 12:07 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are still using an auto trans, you will need the transmission wires. To go from a 60e to 80e you just need to re-task a couple wires. Check out this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ompatible.html.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

I have a psi conversion harness, been out of the box but never installed, and I must say it looks to be top notch!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Teching In

I bet it looks good.. If I had the money I would think about buying one. But I do like being able to say I did it myself. And getting farther in the harness and like the a/c wires, and like the cruise I cut from the PCM connectors and I run them back to the plugs, do I just cut them from the plugs?? And keep the plugs?? Little help please.. Thanks

Quick Reply: Lq9 wiring!!! Help!!!!