Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Miata Race Video - Infineon Again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Miata Race Video - Infineon Again!

Hey gang,

My LS1 swapped miata race car was super reliable this past race weekend, but the driver was not. During qualifying, another car and I passed a BMW under a local yellow flag. The BMW driver went to the stewards, tattled on me and showed them the video. I had my qualifying times dismissed and had to start from the back of a nearly 60 car field. Here's the result:

http://vimeo.com/25325908

I hope this provides a little motivation for those whose projects aren't complete. Finish it! It's worth all the effort and expense!!

Cheers,

Dean
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Launching!

i lost count, where did you finish? love the sound of that v-8 pulling down the straights. what in car camera did you use? been looking for one and that one has a good picture.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Nice vid Dean. Please tell you passed the BMW that tattled on you?

Tails
Old 06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful, i sat and watched the entire video, did you pass that last blue/silver mod at the end after the yellow?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Answers to a few questions:

- The camera is a Contour HD GPS. I think it's around $250 - all self contained. The picture quality is great, as you can see! I really love it.

- I didn't get to pass the BMW with the tattle-tale driver. I was two cars behind him when the course went full course yellow.

- I didn't get to pass the blue/silver Legend car, as the race ended under yellow

I started 54th and finished in 13th. I was faster than a few more cars in front of me, so I probably could have worked my way up to maybe 7th or 8th if we went green for a couple more laps. Then I would have been up against cars running a little faster than me.

Cheers,

Dean
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Man, it seems like more than half the field were e30s. Spec e30 must be huge in your region?

Nice car, nice video, and especially nice driving.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by dtfastbear
Hey gang,

My LS1 swapped miata race car was super reliable this past race weekend, but the driver was not. During qualifying, another car and I passed a BMW under a local yellow flag. The BMW driver went to the stewards, tattled on me and showed them the video. I had my qualifying times dismissed and had to start from the back of a nearly 60 car field. Here's the result:

http://vimeo.com/25325908

I hope this provides a little motivation for those whose projects aren't complete. Finish it! It's worth all the effort and expense!!

Cheers,

Dean
BAD DEAN BAD.... passing under yellow from a veteran like yourself... tsk tsk
Old 06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

great driving.... once you got past all the traffic the track opened up nicely.

What kind of lap times are you pulling at Infineon?

Luckily you aren't there today... it is hot!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, yeah. I know. Double secret probation for the remainder of the season. Imagine how much money I would save if I just got suspended for the last few race weekends for another pass under yellow?? See, there's a bright side to everything!

I actually proactively went to the tower because I saw the yellow in T3a just as I was passing a car in T3. Problem is, I completely missed the standing yellow in T2. Doh!!

And of course, the BMW driver had an HD camera and it was crystal clear that the flag was there and I passed.

I was turning 1:50.x in traffic during the race. Never did get a clean lap. My best in this car is a 1:45.9, but that was with a better engine...
Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Nice video, gotta love all that torque coming out of the corners

Quick Reply: LS1 Miata Race Video - Infineon Again!