Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness connector and a couple missing connectors ID help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness connector and a couple missing connectors ID help

Hoping the experts here can give me a hand on this one, Should be fairly easy with someone a little more familar with these than i am. Ive looked at 2 lq4 trucks at work and didnt see the red connector that i will post below on their harness.

Anyways heres the background information...
2004 Lq4 6 liter
Red/blue pcm and harness

Bought the harness from another member here and went to lay it out on my engine and found a couple connectors were cut off and found 2 that i have no idea where they plug into.

Start with this one...

ends up laying up by the camshaft position sensor and oil pressure sending unit

I believe the plug shown in this picture is bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor, please correct me if im wrong but im trying to figure out what the bundle of wires goes to.

I know the big gray plug is for the transmission(i wont be using going with t56)but if you look above it there is another strand of wires that the connector was cut off of, Trying to figure out what these are for. Im thinking bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor.

Looking at one of the lq4 pickups at work they only have 1 ground wire going to the side of the block. I have 2 loose wires and am trying to figure out if they are both grounds or something else.

As you can see this plug is laying down behind the power steering pump real close to the possible grounds in the pictures above. Anybody have any idea's what this one may be or for?
Old 07-19-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The first pigtail looks to go to the oil pressure sender. The black ones I believe are both grounds. The wires that are just cut, I think you are correct about the 02 sensors.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the cut wires near the trans are for the o2 sensor. Looks like they are for the t-case and the vss. The large bundle of cut wires are for the PRNDL switch on the trans. The connector by the p/s pump is for the solenoid that some EVO p/s systems had in like a suburban.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought i remembered some of them having a connector on the back of the power steering pump from back when i worked at the dealership.

The one your thinking is for the oil pressure sensor is a single wire, It does not fit the sensor on my motor.

I still have the VSS plug/connector on the harness so those wires are accounted for.

Quick Reply: Harness connector and a couple missing connectors ID help