Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4, fbody pan what all has to be swapped?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lq4, fbody pan what all has to be swapped?

I am looking at swapping to a fbody pan however I do not have all of the accessories, (windage tray, dipstick, dipstick tube, and gasket,) to go with it just the pan itself. I am wondering if any of the truck stuff can be reused with the fbody pan of if I will need to get a new windage tray, dipstick and dipstick tube. I know it will need oil pickup for sure, but was wondering if any of the other stuff can be direct bolt on or modified to work.

Also if buying all this is gmparts direct best option? thanks for the help i tried searching but could not find the info
Old 07-24-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The F-body pan Windage Tray is a 3/4 tray. you can cut your LQ on, just in front of the mounting point. See picture

You can use your dip stick if you just cut and remark it for a F-body pan capacity. or just buy a F-body tube and stick. they are not that costly.

I guess if you want to spend the time. You can mod your LQ pick up tube. But I think it would be better to just buy one..

If your on a budget, you can reuse the pan gasket.

You will have buy the Correct F-Body pickup tube.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info I looked and most of the parts seem to be reasonably priced I just was unsure if any of it was direct bolt on and didn't want to buy parts to find they were the same.

Quick Reply: lq4, fbody pan what all has to be swapped?