Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1959 GMC Fleetside Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1959 GMC Fleetside Truck

I have been poking around on these forums for a bit as a guest and user. Forgive me if this has been posted already as i can not find any information on it. However i am looking for a somewhat documented build on putting a LSx into a solid front end pickup from before IFS came standard in 1960. If anyone can point me in a general direction i would appreciate it. I have a buddy that has done quite a few LSx swaps but I am doing my own research for the mounting and such. I do not want to put a differnt frame under the truck or do any sort of IFS front clip swap.

Thanks in advance

Curtis
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Curtis , not sure if it helps but I'm putting a 5.3 in my 64 gmc van, which has a straight axle. The only problem I ran into was that the oil pan hung down pretty low. Actually the pan was 3-4 inches below the straight axle. I fix this buy using a f body oil pan. You shouldn't have problems, other than pan to axle clearance Bob
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 PM

Pan,
That was actually one of my concerns!! thanks!
any pictures?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

curtis sorry to say I pulled the motor out while doing the body work on the van hoping to paint this summer. I never thought to take picture, probably the only one on the planet with ls powered 64 van . You will see when you set the motor in that the pan hangs low. If the truck isn't lowered you could get away with the truck pan. My van sits low , so used the f body pan. BoB