Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Royal_T
Okay since its kind of in the mid of the week I decided to update this thread with a little tease pic of my new wheels that are on the way..

Now these are going to be my show wheels/ meet wheels. Specs are

19x11 0 offset
19x13-20 offset

I am in the process of buying about 8-12 wheels ( of course DPEs) for drift spares. These will be 18x9.5 - offset and 18x12- offset.. (and they will be all black too)

Hope you guys like..

what brand wheels are these? series?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Launching!

STAGE 1: Phase 6 'Coils/Spark Plugs and Wires'

Happy Labor day guys/girls!!! So I thought I would do this quick update before I start BBQing.

Lets kick it off with the beer of the week, which is Magic Hat 'Summer: Wacko',, Great summer beer has a big malty aroma, a subdued hop bite and a clean, slightly sweet finish.. Def good with BBQs

Today's update is a small one. I am going to install my coil packs, spark plugs and wires.

MSD Plug Wires and NGK spark plugs: $79.99
Coils and bracket:$115.00

So I got the bracket and it was the wrong one. No problem, I'll just make new holes to mount the up. Also painted the bracket a gold finish..

I think it came out pretty good..

mount up the coils and then install to the cover..

next is the spark plugs, which i think every one knows how to install.

Next is the spark plug wires..

And there you have it..

other side done

I really like how the gold looks...

Total price so far: $6,089.16

Next week STAGE 1: Phase 7 'Sikky Heaven'
Old 09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Teching In

omg. thats a lot of $ but great build. ill be doing my own build for drifting. havent seen a ls1 350z yet but looks good.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Launching!

STAGE 1: Phase 7 'Sikky Heaven'

Okay so this week I decided to cover two beers due to it being Octoberfest season.. So for the next three updates I should have two beers posted up..

Up first is DogFish Head 'Punkin Ale.' Now this one is truly one of my favorites for the season due to its brown sugar, spices and real pumpkin added to the brew process.. Its a 7.0 ABV,, very good taste, This one might be hard to come by since it sales out quick and is only sold at certain spots.. So def pic it up..

Next up is Samuel Adams 'Octoberfest'. This one goes great with BBQ in my opinion, a lot lighter then the DogFish Head. The camel and toffee really come out in this beer to me, which leaves a great after taste..

Enjoy!!

So what do we have for this week to install?? Just love coming home to some big packages that say "Sikky"

Here we have the Sikky LS1 350z swap kit, with their 1 7/8 long tube headers. If you do plan on doing an LS swap this should be the kit you want to pick up.. The quality of this kit is just top notch from the mounts to the oil pan it is all A+ in my book.. Pricey but worth it..

Kit comes with oil pan, motor mounts, remote mount oil filter, Trans mount, drive shaft and Billet short shifter (which is on back order so still waiting for mine)

The headers are extra but well worth it in my opinion.

Sikky 350z LS1 Swap kit: $3,000.00 (this is with the headers and shipping)

Just look how nice these mounts are, all CNC machined.

Okay first we have to prep the oil pan for install

Just look at the quality of this oil pan, love how they itched in the Sikky logo..

Sexy *** welds

Sikky labels all there bags so you know where what goes, which is good. They have instructions on there website if you need it..

These fittings go in the oil pan for the remote mount oil filter..

Teflon tape is your friend here...

Take your time when installing the fittings, they wont screw all the way in so don't worry if you have some space..

Next we have to remove the old LS oil pan..

Pretty straight forward

Here is the factory LS oil pick up....

Another pic of how the factory LS oil pick up is mounted..

Here is a quick comparison to the factory LS oil pick up to the new Sikky oil pick up tube. See how much smaller the Sikky one is?

Install the new Sikky oil pick up tube, using factory torque specs..

Mounting spot..

Another pic of the oil pick up tube..

Now place the gasket in place and then install the new Sikky oil pan.... In this pic you will see that you have to use those allen screws for the front due to space.

Looking good on the engine ...

Next is the motor mounts and header mock up.. The motor mounts come with their bolts. Make sure to look at the mounts to see which side they are mounted on.. There should be a P for passenger or D for driver side... Then torque down to LS specs..

A shoot of the engine from behind.. Damn it looks good with those headers

Pretty much looks like a complete motor. Need little things here and there but you get the idea.

Total price so far: $9,089.16

Next week STAGE 2: Phase 1 'Dropping Engine'
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got to watch the "Sikky" 350Z do its thing this weekend at LsFest. Impressive, I liked it more than any other drift car there! Good show.

Nice build man.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Launching!

That motor is looking bad *** brotha, that is going to be one hell of a 350
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Thanks everyone for the kind words..

Originally Posted by lemons12
Got to watch the "Sikky" 350Z do its thing this weekend at LsFest. Impressive, I liked it more than any other drift car there! Good show.

Nice build man.
Yeah that car rips for sure... got any vids of the event
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Very nice car, and build. How much oil does the oil pan hold, the sump looks small.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Royal_T
Thanks everyone for the kind words..

Yeah that car rips for sure... got any vids of the event

I did... I'm not sure if I got any of the Sikky cars however, the day I took most drift videos the 350Z was having some issues and the 240 only made a few passes before the rain set in.

It will take me a couple days to get everything uploaded but I will give you a link when I get them done. I'm sure you could youtube lsfest sikky or drift and see some of their action.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Teching In

looks like this is turning out to be one sweet build
Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice ride bro keep up the good work!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was wondering if you could post some pics of cable set up for the tb when you get to that part of the build?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks everyone for the kind words... It is what keeps me going on this..

Originally Posted by LSX-PWR
I was wondering if you could post some pics of cable set up for the tb when you get to that part of the build?
I will for sure post in-depth pics of that part. As I am doing mine a little different then some people have done.. Easier in my opinion .
Old 09-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

We need to have an LSX swap meet in Houston when we are all done lol
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like plan
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Crazy stuff!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Launching!

^^ sorry no, I was just saying I was going to update today... And here we are

STAGE 2: Phase 1 'Dropping Engine'

So like I said last week,here are two more Octoberfest beers. We have UFO Pumpkin, which is really good in my opinion. I like their Hefeweizen so this one did not disappoint at all.Easy drinking with a lingering pumpkin aftertaste on the back of the tongue so good..

Next we have Magic Hat "HEX", I just love Magic Hat's marketing.. Well I really like this beer, love that they used Toffee and Carmel gives a good taste but finishes with a smoky taste.. Really good...

Okay before we jump into the build this is a short one due to it only referring to pulling the motor and shipping it off, but it is an important one.

Make sure you have a good engine hoist. I started by removing the tranny first and all the exhaust from the car.

After I did that I started to remove all the radiator support stuff with the radiator. I then proceeded to remove or disconnect all the wires. I also just snapped/cut all hoses I was not going to use, including power steering hose, fuel and so on.. Reason for this is that I plan to replace all of these with AN hoses anyway...... And one last thing say goodbye to AC........lol

And she is out..... It is really easy to remove the VQ motor, it was only me doing it and it took me two days, due to work... So don't be scared to do it your self...

Already have a buyer for the engine/tranny so I have to crate them up for shipping...

Sat like this for a couple of days do to me not having my wood yet...

Finally got my wood and had every thing crated up and secured... Truck/shipping guy arrived and it was time to say goodbye to this VQ motor

going up.....

Goodbye,.,., we had fun but it was time to move on....

Here is what the bay looks like with out nothing in it... I also removed my windshield wipers and almost every clip..

Before the LS1 can put up his "there is no place like home" frame. I will be doing a list of things to make his home pretty.. For one I will be removing the ABS system and redoing my brake lines... I might also cover up all holes I am not going to use... Oh and lets not forget about the main ingredient,, my tube chassis...

So since we did not spend no money this week,, I think we are doing good...lol

Total price so far: $9,089.16

Next week STAGE 3: Phase 1 'LS1 Mock Up'
Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Launching!

I agree we should do a meet up after
Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Interested to see how your tube chasis turns out. I would like to get my car down to under 2,700lbs next year and I am going to be looking for some obscure weight up front. In track form, my Z is at 2,812 right now with heavy a$$ wheels on it and stock brakes and battery. I think between those three things I can drop 50-75 lbs out of the car. But Then I may be doing something along the lines of a tube chasis depending on how yours turns out.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

nice build i like all the pics and good info

Quick Reply: LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'