Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait to see the finished product, this is amazing
Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Interesting to see the differences comments on here and on my350z. I am currently building an LS6 for my G, are you going to retain factory A/C?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What up Edafe, its John. Holy **** dude B Rab told me about you starting the build, but didn't know you were almost done! Looking good.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GNIUS
Interesting to see the differences comments on here and on my350z. I am currently building an LS6 for my G, are you going to retain factory A/C?
No not retaining factory A/C.... no need cause it will be my track car mainly...

Originally Posted by chon79
What up Edafe, its John. Holy **** dude B Rab told me about you starting the build, but didn't know you were almost done! Looking good.
What up John... Yeah bro, my car is actually a little further then these pics on the build thread. Hopefully I'll finish in the beginning of winter..
Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Launching!

STAGE 3: Phase 1 'LS1 Mock Up'

Okay we are back with another update.. And this time with out any money spent, well sort of..

Lets start of this week with one of the two beers for Octoberfest month. We have Buffalo Bill's Brewery "American Pumpkin ale" Man oh man can you taste the spices in this thing.. The nutmeg and cinnamon really pop out to you when you try this beer, its kind of a good/bad thing you might say. After a couple of beers the spices come on to strong for me..

Next we have Saint Arnold Brewing, straight from TX (you know I had to rep). This is their 'Oktoberfest beer'. One word describes this beer "Smooth,"a full bodied, malty, slightly sweet beer celebrating the Autumn harvest. This rich beer has a round malt flavor and an above average alcohol content perfect for a cool fall evening. A good pick up.

Got me a little helper for today's engine drop, My lil Bro cam by to help out..

So in the last post someone mention if I got a new bumper, and the answer is yes. Needed to change it up a little, but I will say this. If I am not happy how this bumper looks when all said and done, I will def change it back to my old style.

I like this bumper cause it flows really nice, reminds me of the stock bumper. I also really like the CF lip it as, but sad to say I will not be using this cause it will be broken to **** after one track day. So instead I will make a custom lip out of plywood, just how us TX boys like them.. Check out my boy Stew's plywood lip..

Just to see what the bumper looks like mocked up with out engine in.. Thoughts?

BAM!!!!! engine is in son....

The install went really smooth, mounts lined up perfect...

To me it looks like this engine belongs in a Z...

You can say it was meant to be, I guess..

Front shot of the motor

Totally different from a VQ motor..

I know people wanted to know how low this LS sat compared to a VQ, well here it is...

Sits right above the sway bar.. I would like it to sit a little here in my book, just cause I ride so low.. We will see what I can do..

Plenty of clearance. Oh by the way I am selling this FAST fuel rail so let me know if you are interested..

Now I did run into a little problem. The passenger side coil was hitting the fire wall. I know people were saying make sure you have the right mounts on the right side, but mind you I had this motor in the bay before today. So I will check it out again when it comes out the car again. If not it is an easy fix.

Replaced to front support to see about clearance, but it really does not matter cause this is getting replaced with a front tube chassis :JAMIN:

Here is my clearance without the Rad/Fans....

Placed the new front bumper on just to get an idea what it will look like.. Going to be a beast.

That's it for today, Thanks to my Bro for all the help. Next stage is going to be an exciting one and I know you guys will like..

Total price so far: $9,089.16

Next week STAGE 4: Phase 1 'The start of something great "tube chassis"'
Old 09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

dope man our going to love the power and reliability vs the vq35
Old 09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Im wondering if you checked PTV clearance. I do believe its worth checking with that cam but have heard some people getting away with it. Just my 2 cents but I def like the build so far.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Launching!

^^ I totally agree with you, but how ever I did not check clearance. engine has to come back out any ways after front tube chassis and cage is done, so I will do it then..
Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Edafe let me know when you're working on the car next time. I'll go by to check that **** out!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Looks great bro
Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks good nice work so far! Check out Lakefront Brewery for some beer if you can get it. Its brewed right here by me in Milwaukee WI. Their "Riverwest Stein" is one of my favorites as well as "East Side Dark"

Good luck with the rest of the build.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys for the kind words..

Originally Posted by chon79
Edafe let me know when you're working on the car next time. I'll go by to check that **** out!
I will let you know John.. The car is not in my garage at the moment due to it getting its cage and front tube chassis done. But I will let you know once all that is said and done..

Originally Posted by FatfreeGTO
Looks good nice work so far! Check out Lakefront Brewery for some beer if you can get it. Its brewed right here by me in Milwaukee WI. Their "Riverwest Stein" is one of my favorites as well as "East Side Dark"

Good luck with the rest of the build.
Going to look into it bro, thanks. Wish I was closer so I could try it locally
Old 09-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Launching!

amazing!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

***** awesome thats all i got to say
Old 09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

love you build just a suggestion try saranac pumpkin ale one of my favorites
Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love it too..also love pumpkin ales...i had blue moon's pumpkin ale last night. verrryyy good
Old 09-29-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

can you guys get boulevard beer where you are. If you can get Tank7 and imperial stout, its sold in big wine bottles. TANK7 is my favorite..
Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Started watching this build a couple weeks ago & it looks great. Glad it's all piecing together nicely.

Also I just picked up some Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest today. Haven't had Sam's Oktoberfest yet this year--still not on the shelves of my local place--but looking forward to comparing the two.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by therobman
love you build just a suggestion try saranac pumpkin ale one of my favorites
Thanks bro... I heard of that beer but have not tried it yet.. Def will put it on the list

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
i love it too..also love pumpkin ales...i had blue moon's pumpkin ale last night. verrryyy good
Nice pick up.. just bought some tonight..

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
can you guys get boulevard beer where you are. If you can get Tank7 and imperial stout, its sold in big wine bottles. TANK7 is my favorite..
I have to check to see if we do..

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Started watching this build a couple weeks ago & it looks great. Glad it's all piecing together nicely.

Also I just picked up some Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest today. Haven't had Sam's Oktoberfest yet this year--still not on the shelves of my local place--but looking forward to comparing the two.
Thanks bro for the kind words and I will look into the Hacker..
Old 09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Launching!

okay car is heading up to the shop to start work on its front tube chassis and cage work, also some other things..

Quick Reply: LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'