Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody sell a PCM extension harness?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anybody sell a PCM extension harness?

I've decided it's time that I move my PCM into a better place inside the car instead of having it sitting on my floor by the passenger's feet (that's as far as it will reach right now and I don't want it under the hood). I don't see that Painless sells an extension, does anyone else? I don't want to splice every single wire at this point so just an extension that will hook right into the OEM PCM connectors and move the PCM back 3-4ft, and I can hide the connectors behind the kick panel.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If nobody makes one, thats a great idea, im sure there are Hundreds of people on this site alone that would want that.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Issues in making an extension is procurring the female PCM plug. In the factory application it is a header, not a connector like the wiring harness side.

Another option would be changing the connector all together, but that would still require, cutting and crimping all new terminals on the wires. Also, adding one more plug in line, creates one more spot for a bad crimp or failure point. For what its worth.
Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 08-12-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Taking with Wait for Me Tune, they said that significantly lengthening the harness to the ECU can change some of the sensitive sensor signals due to the additional resistance of the longer wires.

Makes sense, but you see guys like Painless selling super long harnesses for $1000 so maybe its not an issue?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I extended a harness for a Toyota pickup around 5' and put the computer under the back seat. Been running just fine for 3 years now. I would solder the connections though, crimps would not be my first choice for PCM wires.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well buy a break out box that will give you the right ends $$$$

Quick Reply: Anybody sell a PCM extension harness?