Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hickup / hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hickup / hesitation

I have installed 02 Camaro LS1 into my Datsun and naturaly I had modified engine harness to remove some of the extra connectors ie AC, security, EVAP,etc etc and had some tuning done to it.
As I do not know hoe to program the PCM I had it done by someone that changed some of the trans/diff/wheel size parameters, bumped up rev limiter and I also had him remove second set of O2 sensors.
Under normal take off just like my mother likes its OK but when I try to drive it the way I like it hessitates and studders for a bit and settles down. In the process of trying to find out what might be causing the problem I also picked up a second PCM that I had removed security stuff (VATS) and just removed the second set of O2 sensors and still getitng the problem.

There is no codes coming from OBD from either PCM and I'm starting to think that it might be something with the engine. Never the less, stupid question and I really do not know how the PCM work and the program in it. Do I need to have the second set of O2 sensors connected and mounted if I get them disabled or is it safe to just remove them from the system.

Sorry if this is duplicate posting
Old 08-16-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You shouldn't need the 2nd O2's if they were turned off in the PCM.

you might check your MAF, Throttle Body, TPS and other sensor.. if you can get a scanner, capture/check to see what might be afoul with the reading of the sensors.

Check to make sure your not getting any vacumn leaks. How as the engine running before you removed it from the Donner ?

Fuel pressure and battery voltage?