Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Coolent issues Please give info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Coolent issues Please give info.

So I put a LS2 in my G35 Coupe. I have been having overheating issues no matter the rad,fans or burping. I decided to re-run the coolent lines reverse. Inlet from rad going to tstat, I know this is backwards but ever since I have change the lines the Temps stay at 210 so far. I drove it for around 30 minutes pounding on the engine but the temp stays good. Any ideas? I've read many post with people have swap issues like this and really need to find out whats going on.

I have 16" and 14" fan both over 2000 CFM. Fans kick on @ 180* now.No need for shroud due to the fans cover the whole rad. Jacked the car up very high and burped several times. Steam line ran to upper line as well. Having the lines reversed is the only way the temp has been steady and at the correct temp. Rad is a 1" single pass. Water pump is brand new. Just changed the heads to LS6 so new head gaskets. This issues was there before swap so its no the gasket. I'm open to any ideas. I'm fine with the lines being reverse as long as it continues to work correctly. Please give me your input. Thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Weird. I have ocasionally read of overheating problems being caused by the inlet hose collapsing when the engine revs. Maybe when you switched the hoses around you ended up with a stiffer inlet hose?

You're not spinning your water pump backwards?

As long as it works.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hook the hoses up the way they go, then, fill the motor before you start it through the top radiator hose. There's not enough water on top of the thermostat to make it open the first time. If it still doesn't open, unhook one heater hose from the heater core and fill the motor that way also. That should make it start cooling. I went through the same thing twice. Usually just filling through the top radiator hose will work, but sometimes you also have to pour some water into the heater hose.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Fafonfoe
Rad is a 1" single pass. Water pump is brand new. . Thanks
Please clearify. You are not running a single row 1"wide radiator, right?

Is the radiator the stock pc?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rad is a 2" single pass from mitsimoto. The stock GTO rad is 1" core and single pass as well. I thought that the rad would support easily. Trying to decide is I need a dual pass of higher flow water pump which I know I shouldn't but it is real aggravating. I will try the add water through the top rad hose and see what will happen. When I usually burp it, I jack the car very high and put a funnel on the rad neck and fill with water as the car runs and continue to fill funnel until no more bubbles.

Quick Reply: Strange Coolent issues Please give info.