Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP 1st Gen Mounts and 2" headers Issue

Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BRP 1st Gen Mounts and 2" headers Issue

Anyone using the BRP mounts and their 2" primary headers? I was hoping to fire up my car this week but after installing the pass side header it hits the upper control arm anyone else have this issue?

I have sent them an email and now I am waiting on their response as well. If they can't supply a solution it looks like I will be fabricating a set of plate to move the motor back about 1.5 inches but....they should fit out of the box!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally talked to Jeff at BRP apparently this is a known issue (to everyone but me) so it looks like I am going to have to engineer mounts to move the motor back 1.5 inches...it never ends with this build!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be careful of how much you move it back. I use 1" setback and ran into firewall and trans tunnel issue on my Nova. You might be ok, but test fit everything up before resetting the frame stands and mounting them. keep the post going. Don't give up.. once you finally get it running. You well be glad you did it.. !

good luck

BC
Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are your control arms stock
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

just wondering
Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
FormerVendor

The Global West control arms wider than the stock control arms, when we ordered a set we found that the Global West Upper Control Arms had castellated nuts on both side of the cross shaft. The cross shaft on the Global West arms were about 2” wider than the stock arms. We ordered a set on BMR control arms and they had a hardened allen bolt instead of the castellated nut and were about the same width as the factory arms. Whenever we can fit as many aftermarket parts on our test vehicles as possible, but the Global West arms are known to interfere with other headers also. Global West offered some options for gaining clearance, you can contact them for their recommendations.
Jeff@BRP

Last edited by BRPhotrods; 09-21-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got a PM from Jeff, they are going to send me a set of plates and tabs so I can move the location backwards. The upside is this way I will not have to pull the motor back out to do this which is great because it is 90% done now. I will have to redo some of my intercooler pipe as well but should be an easy fix now. Thanks BRP!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Up down sideways backwards...i've heard all this. However you look at it and whatever they send is all junk. They build conversions from rotten bent up twisted old junk hence there product is all twisted crap. Nothing ever fits first or second time around. Eventually they just ignore til there customer goes away. Hedman headers are the very same. Can send you pics of both there junk to confirm. Email me anytime....do yourself a favour and STAY AWAY from BRP/HEDMAN JUNK!!!. You will regret it.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is the only issue I have had with the BRP mounts/headers, it is a quality product anytime you are doing a swap some issues can be expected at least they are willing to work it out. Moving the motor back 1.5 inches will actually help in other areas as well, the trans mount will fit much better and I am running a cog set up on my F1R with the move back I will gain much needed clearance for my radiator fans.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Teching In

That looks just wonderful. Just what you'd expect from a $700-800 header...Wait'll the heat transfers into your control arm bushing distorts and melts it. Plus your idler arm bushing is rubbing on the second tube. Show pics of both bushings after you have run and driven the car a while with it all melted weeks or months from now. Expect quality coming from a blind fabricator. Buy Dynatech and save yourself the headache!. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK!!!.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4
If think nitrous is like cocaine as you indicate maybe thats what was in your cheese when you aimlessly decided to respond.
Dude, there's something wrong you. Really. Show the guy some respect.

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 09-22-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys this is not a bashing thread I simply asked if anyone had this issue, I also stated that I had sent an email which had not been answered before I started this thread.
Jeff has stepped up and is working to fix this issue.
The idler clears just fine no issue there and if I had factory control arms the primary would not be an issue. The headers are good quality this is a fitment issue between aftermarket parts NOT A DEFECT IN THE MOUNTS OR HEADERS

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES START YOUR OWN THREAD do not hijack my thread for your BS!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4
That looks just wonderful. Just what you'd expect from a $700-800 header...Wait'll the heat transfers into your control arm bushing distorts and melts it. Plus your idler arm bushing is rubbing on the second tube. Show pics of both bushings after you have run and driven the car a while with it all melted weeks or months from now. Expect quality coming from a blind fabricator. Buy Dynatech and save yourself the headache!. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK!!!.
seems like this guy is a tool...

im sure if they were junk. hundreds of people wouldnt buy this kit a year for the last how many years.... get real dude...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BRP 1st Gen Mounts and 2" headers Issue