Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BRP headers for 3G Fbody

any one running them yet? i see they're available in:

1 3/4"x3"
1 3/4"-1 7/8"x3" stepped
1 7/8" x 3"
1 7/8"-2"x3" stepped
2"x3"

i'd love to see a fitment picture of these. they're coated MS, not stainless like the SSW headers, and are priced a little more appropriately. they're produced by Hedman's Hustler division and they're pretty nice looking. i don't know the advantage of the collector design, if any over a traditional collector, but i'd imagine the ground clearance is OK.

http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...gory_Code=CNV3
Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope brp posts some installed pics soon
Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's not like they haven't been out for a little while. i was going to go with them originally, but they kept pushing the release date out. by the time they finally released them, i was already up and running with the SSW headers.

i'm also a little apprehensive about doing business with them. i've been in contact with them a little in the passed about different things. they're over priced on their mounts/crossmembers, etc. the guy that answers the phones doesn't have very good phone etiquette either, but what doe you expect from ga? lol. i'm actually only about 2 hours from their shop, and even offered to do some fitment testing with them, but they weren't interested. the guy that owned the thirdgen they were using for mockup was an employee there and he seemed pretty knowledgable, but when i talked to him the headers weren't available yet, all he said was they'd be awesome. still no install pics though.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen a lot of mixed opinions about BRP in general, both related to product quality and customer service. My only direct experience is an ebay purchase of the oil-pickup tube hold down, and that went just fine. For me it boils down to product quality & functionality, which we currently don't have any data points on for the thirdgen headers. I like the 1 7/8" tube size over the 1 3/4" that Hawks/SSW offer, but I like the Hawks/SSW Stainless and well-known fitment quality. I really don't have the ambition to be a guinnea pig on an unknown product.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:42 PM
FormerVendor

Both of the guys that had the 3rd gen's were fired, I'll bet it's not hard to figure out why! I looked through the pictures that we have on file, but they are all mock-up on the third gen cars. Matt, if you want to do some fitment testing give me a call 770-751-0687. We can take pictures of yours. We don't do any installs in house accept during mock-up, so unless a customer sends us pictures I won't have any. We do all of our own design and mock-up of the kits in house, but the headers are built by Husler (race division of Hedman Headers).
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

will they work with the spohn motor mounts?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*cough* sure wish some company would make a double hump transmission crossmember with a torque arm mount that would allow the lsx crowd to run decent exhaust under the car *cough*
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Teching In

If they did build one you can be sure it was built off a twisted tricycle platform then mailed to you as an Fbody crossmember. These people outta stay away from cars. Maybe hotrodding vacuums is there future.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4
These people outta stay away from cars. Maybe hotrodding vacuums is there future.
That's funny!

The squeaky wheel!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, i'm not interested in bashing any companies openly on the forums. that's NOT what this thread is about.

BRP: send me a pm on details about the fitment thing. i'd be willing to work some R&D if it benefits the car. i do think that going with a traditional collector will make working on the car a ton easier. as it is, those make changing a starter with the exhaust on the car impossible, and changing the oil tough without making a mess.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4
If they did build one you can be sure it was built off a twisted tricycle platform then mailed to you as an Fbody crossmember. These people outta stay away from cars. Maybe hotrodding vacuums is there future.
Is it your mission to come into every single BRP thread and crap on them? If you're unhappy, fine, but squatting in everybody elses threads isn't going to accomplish anything.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

very interested in the fitment of this product. will they work with swap plates instead of LS engine mounts?

I'll be buying a set of headers in the very near future, and really would like more info and data on these headers.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Matt, when Husler built these headers they were concerned with ground clearance, that's why they sacrificed the starter access, the decision was made that ground clearance was more important so that they don't drag over speed bumps. As I'm sure you noticed these cars sit low and there is less room between the floor and the bottom of the frame rail since there isn't a body busing on top of a standard sub-frame. The flat collector is also shaped to follow the inside of the driver's side frame rail. When they looked into the standard collector the bottom of the collector hung quite a bit below the frame, especially with the 2" primary tubes. I got your PM, as soon as we get back from SEMA we'll get together with you and see what we can work out
Jeff@BRP
Old 09-23-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

jeff, i promise we can make something that will be out of this world. we're both smart people who have been around this for a long long time
Old 09-24-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

guys i'm ready for a set......
Old 09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After talking to the guy doing my tune (and who helped me spec a cam), it looks like I'll be in the market for some 1 7/8 - 2" headers.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

If these had a traditional collector I would definately be interested. The engine in my third gen is about to die and i want ls power too.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

any updates??? are we FORCED to use the Hawks overpriced headers (even though they are nice) or wait until OBX knocks off the design (like they always do)!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

nothing is going to happen anytime soon on a long tube redesign. i ended up with a set of the mid-tubes, and absolutely love them. great fit with ebay swap plates.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _blake
any updates??? are we FORCED to use the Hawks overpriced headers (even though they are nice) or wait until OBX knocks off the design (like they always do)!!!
it does appear that way. it seems that hedman is not interested in redoing the headers

Quick Reply: BRP headers for 3G Fbody