Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 general questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 general questions

What do most of yo guys do for fuel delivery when doing a swap?
Can I just either use a fuel pump with fuel cell, or would it be easier to find a truck fuel tank and put in place of mine in my Toyota i am building?

How do you make your gauges work properly in a different vehicle? How can I make my factory Toyota gauge cluster work after I swap in my LSx?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why dont you sump the tank and run an external pump? As for the wiring, it sounds like you have a fair bit of research ahead of you. Try to find some wiring diagrams for your toyota. LS1 wiring diagrams can be found on shoebox or lt1swap.com:

Check out the FAQ:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...swap-faqs.html
Old 09-24-2011, 03:47 AM

I've read and re-read that wiring diagram thread. I get about 1/10 of the way through it, and get absolutely lost. The wiring part of the swap is what's keeping me from persueing the swap. Would it be easier to find a gauge cluster from a Corvette or Camaro?

Using a truck gas tank with in tank pump and sending unit would not be a problem. Just as easy to find as the motor and trans themselves. Would this be easier than putting a dump into my factory tank? My factory tank is going to be relocated to the very back of my frame anyhow in the process of putting air ride on the truck.